no remote detected/ no response at all

Thread starter #1

mikeinpa

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
As the title indicates sometimes I get a no remote detected on the DIC, but there is more to this story. This has happened 3 times now. I try to open my driver's side door by just lifting the handle, but no response. Then I try using the key fob. Still no response. So I use the key. Of course the alarm his off so I push the door open on the key fob and the alarm stops. So I get in my car and try to start it and there is no response. As if everything is dead. The horn works and the key fob responds but no start, not even accessory mode. So I try to reprogram my key fob but the car won't go into program mode. So I wait an hour or 2 and the car starts no problem. But then I get a no remote detected on the DIC, even with both fobs in the car. I have changed the batteries so I can eliminate that. there is no chargers or ez pass responders in the car so that is not it. this has happened to me 3 times in different locations that the car has been many many times so I know it is not unusual interference. twice I have taken it for service but they tell me if they cannot duplicate the problem they cannot fix it. there was a code oh the computer, I don't remember the code, that by definition says "no remote detected" . I have been in contact with customer support and have escalated this all the way to trying to get GM to buy out the car from me. that was denied. now they are telling me there is nothing else they can do for me unless they can duplicate the problem. I see this as a safety issue which was stressed to them because what would happen if my car stopped detecting the fobs while I was driving on a highway. Can anyone help me with this? thank you everyone

ds32118

Buick Ownership
Buick
I have had this happen on 1 of my remotes as well. I spoke with my dealership and they said to bring the remote in along with the car itself and they'd reprogram it, but it had not happened since so I did not take the car in yet.

The symptoms were the exact same as what you described below, I exited the car in a parking lot and by the time I tried to get back in the car, the remote would not work. I had to have the 2nd remote dropped off to me so I could start the car again, once doing so, the 1st remote seemed to start working again.

verano4u

Canada
Buick Ownership
2012 Verano - Cyber Gray
You may want to eliminate your cell phone as a possible problem and anything else electrical on your person and anyone else with you.

Your RCDLR (Remote Control Door Lock Receiver)may be bad causing the fob not to be recognized.

Your car battery may be slowing getting a bad cell causing electrical problems.

This is not a safety issue at all....you can start your car with the fob roll down your window and toss it out, then drive for around without a fob. The only problem is when you turn the car off. When you go to turn off the car, it will warn you that you have no fob present and will ask you to turn off or run.

You can still start your car with no fob detected as well. Just place the fob in the transmitter pocket with the buttons facing up. Press the start button.

Good luck.

:cheers:

Thread starter #4

mikeinpa

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
thanks verano4u. the only issue is getting gm to check or replace the RCDLR. they won't because they say they can't duplicate the problem. if you know someone at gm that would let me use their name that would be a big help. my only option now seems to be to get a lawyer and pressure them until they fix it or replace the car.

Thread starter #6

mikeinpa

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Grady- there is a"pocket"under the cup holder. take it the lining and you will see it. it details it under the reprogramming your key fob section of your manual.

BarMixer

Delaware
Buick Ownership
2005 Lacrosse 2013 Verano "T"
I have experienced this problem as well. I first noticed it with my 2010 Lacrosse, and now have it with the Verano. It also happens with my 2005 Lacrosse.

There is a restaurant I frequent, and if I park in a certain area of the parking lot, the remote will not function. I spoke to people at the restaurant and they say other patrons have the same problem. Now I park in a different part of the lot and have no problems.

BarMixer

Delaware
Buick Ownership
As the title indicates sometimes I get a no remote detected on the DIC, but there is more to this story. This has happened 3 times now. I try to open my driver's side door by just lifting the handle, but no response. Then I try using the key fob. Still no response. So I use the key. Of course the alarm his off so I push the door open on the key fob and the alarm stops. So I get in my car and try to start it and there is no response. As if everything is dead. The horn works and the key fob responds but no start, not even accessory mode. So I try to reprogram my key fob but the car won't go into program mode. So I wait an hour or 2 and the car starts no problem. But then I get a no remote detected on the DIC, even with both fobs in the car. I have changed the batteries so I can eliminate that. there is no chargers or ez pass responders in the car so that is not it. this has happened to me 3 times in different locations that the car has been many many times so I know it is not unusual interference. twice I have taken it for service but they tell me if they cannot duplicate the problem they cannot fix it. there was a code oh the computer, I don't remember the code, that by definition says "no remote detected" . I have been in contact with customer support and have escalated this all the way to trying to get GM to buy out the car from me. that was denied. now they are telling me there is nothing else they can do for me unless they can duplicate the problem. I see this as a safety issue which was stressed to them because what would happen if my car stopped detecting the fobs while I was driving on a highway. Can anyone help me with this? thank you everyone
Does this happen in multiple locations? See my other post.

Thread starter #10

mikeinpa

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
yes it does happen at multiple locations but not all the time. one of the locations is in my driveway and it has only happened once in the year I have been parking it there.
about the location of the pocket, you might want to check your manual again. if you lift up the lining of the dual cup holder in the console it is a cutout underneath that. but let's not start an argument under something so small

verano4u

Canada
Buick Ownership
2012 Verano - Cyber Gray
from 2012 manual page 2-6

Place the new transmitter into
the transmitter pocket with
the buttons facing up. The
transmitter pocket is located
inside the center console
cupholder. The cupholder liner
will need to be removed to
access the transmitter pocket.
Use your finger or a tool in
the notch at the rear of the
cupholders to remove the liner.
See Cupholders on page 4‑2.

BarMixer

Delaware
Buick Ownership
from 2012 manual page 2-6

Place the new transmitter into
the transmitter pocket with
the buttons facing up. The
transmitter pocket is located
inside the center console
cupholder. The cupholder liner
will need to be removed to
access the transmitter pocket.
Use your finger or a tool in
the notch at the rear of the
cupholders to remove the liner.
See Cupholders on page 4‑2.

I agree that this is what the manual says - BUT - my cupholder does not have a notch. In addition, the dealer told me the pocket in front of the cup holder is where the remote needs to be placed.

A friend was also told the same thing for his 2010 Lacrosse.

verano4u

Canada
Buick Ownership
2012 Verano - Cyber Gray
I agree that this is what the manual says - BUT - my cupholder does not have a notch. In addition, the dealer told me the pocket in front of the cup holder is where the remote needs to be placed.

A friend was also told the same thing for his 2010 Lacrosse.
I also thought that mine did not have a notch, but it does. It is a small notch to say the least!!! It is at the top middle of the cup holder closest to the arm rest.

You can test to see if what the dealer says will work by taking the battery out of your fob any placing it there and trying to start the car.

Ana

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Verano
thanks verano4u. the only issue is getting gm to check or replace the RCDLR. they won't because they say they can't duplicate the problem. if you know someone at gm that would let me use their name that would be a big help. my only option now seems to be to get a lawyer and pressure them until they fix it or replace the car.
I'm havingthe same problem and it sucks! I live in Az with 100 plus weather and I've been locked it in the heat with a 3 year old. Then another time I was locked out at 11 30 pm when I met with a Friend outside of a Starbucks and We say outside late just talking. If You figure it out" please help

Ana

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Verano
I need help, now My car won't turn on at all Because it doesn't detect the key. I've tried what the manual says and tried the extra key and it doesn't recognize any key or let Me reprogram

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
Am I the only one that sometimes wonder why Auto Manufacturer's felt the need to go "key less"?
What benefit has that given us?
I'm not against new technology as long as there is a proven benefit over the old technology it is replacing.

Instead, they have introduced additional electrical points of failure into a system that had basically worked fine for nearly 100 years. And these electrical failures seem to be difficult to diagnose and fix when they occur.

Yes, I know that keys wear out and break, and mechanical locking and starting mechanisms can wear out or break. But since they are mechanical, they are usually very easy to diagnose and repair. Anybody priced one of these new "Key Less Starting" fobs?

And on a personal note, I hate the "big ass" key fob we now have to carry. My key chain used to consist of 2 or 3 keys at the most. And no "car fob" unless I really wanted/needed the key less locking/unlocking of the car.
And I used to be able to carry a spare key in my wallet in case I lost or locked my keys in the car. Can't do that now. Actually, I still carry a spare key for my Toyota Tacoma, it's 15 years old, 110,000 miles, and has NEVER failed to lock, unlock, or start with it's "old technology" key.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.