• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

"No remote detected"

H_Charles

Buick Ownership
2011 LaCrosse CXS, 2011 BMW Z4 sDrive 35is, 2011 Acura MDX
I was with family last night, came back to the car from dinner and the remote unlocked the doors, but wouldn't start the car.

I got the "no remote detected" warning sitting in the driver seat with the fob in my hand. Tried several times -- nothing. Opened and closed the doors, pressed the remote buttons -- nothing.

Just after calling a friend to come get the kids while I figured my next step, it started working. Worked fine since.

I searched the forum and found that jammers might cause this as well as phones, but no phones were plugged in.

I know there's the "secret space" under the cupholders to try, but I never needed to. Anyone any ideas here?

Hate to take it to the dealer for this, but getting stranded isn't an option.

Ghost

North Beach MD
Buick Ownership
2012 lacrosse Touring-Carbon Black
I've gotten the same message a few times, sitting in the car with the remote in my pocket. Never has it not started though.

Tduke57

Buick Ownership
Buick
As a 2-time "strandee" and Buick Roadside Assistance tow-service user I sympathize with your experience; nice owning a new, but unreliable car isn't it? I've gotten a couple of encounters with the "no fob detected" message on the DIC and a refusal to start the first attempt but for whatever reason it started on the second or third attempt without any other measures being taken. I'd take it in to the dealer if nothing else just to document the problem should things get worse later. Good luck.

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
I keep a spare hidden in the car. And no, you won't find it :)

92sub

Motor City
Buick Ownership
87GN (gone), 2011 CXS (gone), 98 Regal GS
I suspect RFI interference. It's also possible the key fob has an intermittent open. If it happens again try the under-the-cupholder spot. If it works then you at least know it's not the car.

And if anyone decides to hide an extra remote in their car you don't have to wrap the remote in aluminum foil. Just remove the battery. I've confirmed the vehicle will detect a batterless remote (in the cupholder spot only).

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
I suspect RFI interference. It's also possible the key fob has an intermittent open. If it happens again try the under-the-cupholder spot. If it works then you at least know it's not the car.

And if anyone decides to hide an extra remote in their car you don't have to wrap the remote in aluminum foil. Just remove the battery. I've confirmed the vehicle will detect a batterless remote (in the cupholder spot only).
Good tip, thanks. I've considered just keeping a battery near the spare but my wife is... well, a woman. I can see it going badly, no matter how simple the installation. Opening something wrapped in tin foil? She can handle that :rolleyes:

I'm going to change the battery yearly at inspection time to keep it fresh and hopefully from corroding the inside of the remote.

ErikRoberts

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse
Yes, similiarly, I was driving down the street when that warning lit up. I locked/unlocked the doors (while driving) AND set the fob into pocket under cupholder. No joy. Decided to park the car, leave it running, use the fob to lock it while in a store. When I returned the car recognized the remote and no problem since.
Maybe someone can relate a better way to reset that error.
--
2012 LaCrosse Touring

FrogFan

Ft. Worth, TX
Buick Ownership
2013 LaCrosse
I got this message today.

I walked up to the car with the fob in my pocket, as usual, and pressed the button on the door handle, as always. No joy. Then I pressed the "unlock" button on the fob and the door opened. I put the fob back into my pocket, sat down in the car, pressed the brake, and pushed the "start" button and got the message. I was concerned because the fob unlocked the car but the car wouldn't start.

Got my wife's fob, and everything worked normally. Then replaced the battery on my fob (the one that didn't work earlier), and all is well.

zitsky

A Regular
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick LaCrosse
I had the same problem the other day. Don't remember if door was locked or not, it usually is. Never had a low battery warning. Remote wouldn't start the car. Inside the car, I unlocked the doors with the remote, then was able to start the car. Went to get a new battery for the remote. Hasn't happened since.

I hate all these random problems. :(

Skittlez

Buick Ownership
Lacrosse cxl
This has been happening to my Buick lacrosse cxl. Put brand new batteries in my fobs, still doing it. The only way I can get it to start is to get out and lock then unlock the car manually with the key that flips out of the fob

g_270540

I had the same problem the other day. Don't remember if door was locked or not, it usually is. Never had a low battery warning. Remote wouldn't start the car. Inside the car, I unlocked the doors with the remote, then was able to start the car. Went to get a new battery for the remote. Hasn't happened since.

I hate all these random problems. :(
it isn't the battery. my buick wouldn't even stop once. said no remote, then it wouldn't start. multiple times. nothing to do with batteries. just a terrible system. traded in car.

g_746179

I had this happen with the No remote detected. Can't remove the cupholder so set the fob on top of it and still had issues. I know you can use key to open doors, is there a place to insert key to start car? I am a new owner of a 2012 Verano. thank you.

G-451291

Have had several things happen lately.... First, I got a message that the power steering needed maintenance..... nothing wrong with my power steering.... turned car off & message gone never came back.... while driving the car one day the radio knobs wouldn't work.... couldn't change the channels.... turned the car off went back later..... all is fine..... This am got to work turned car off got out of car & tried to lock the doors..... wouldn't work..... got back in car & tried to start car..... wouldn't work.... said it didn't detect the remote.... Let car set for for 1 1/2 hrs, got back in car.... was able to start car & all is fine..... I feel like it is something with the main computer of the car.... THIS IS VERY ANNOYING.....

Pedal Commander