noise

NanaDuncan

Buick Ownership
Buick Verano
Does anyone have a problem with 2016 Buick Verano when going around 11mph, a noise & it can be felt in gas pedal?

Maverick7

Buick Ownership
Buick
Yes, all Verano's do it. It's like a one second click noise which can be felt through the pedal, nothing to worry about as it has something to do with the electronics engaging in the vehicles throttle. I can't remember exactly what a GM technician told me years ago, someone else might explain it more in detail. In all, nothing to worry about.

NanaDuncan

Buick Ownership
Buick Verano
You would think that the dealership would know about this. I took my car back 3 times & they kept saying it was other things like ABS, leak in transmission, then they said it was a solenoid. Finally they said to me that all Veranos do this. I don't remember the car doing this when I test drove it, or I wouldn't have bought it. I also didn't know they don't make them anymore. Is that why?

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
I haven't noticed this with mine; maybe I've had it so long that I'm used to it by now.

If the OP's screen name indicates they're a woman, that may explain why she received different and improbable answers from the dealer about what was wrong.

As for why the Verano is out of production, Buick decided to kill the model in 2017 as a result of falling sedan sales. The full-sized LaCrosse will go away by early next year. Similarly, Dodge did away with its Dart and 200 sedans and Ford will rid itself of all its cars except the Mustang by the end of 2020.

I think Buick should have kept the Verano second-generation sedan and hatchback as a "gateway" model along with the Encore because not everyone wants to drive a CUV.

NanaDuncan

Buick Ownership
Buick Verano
Why would they try to fix the problem 3x & then say all Veranos do this? Yes, I am a woman & agree that they think I don't know what I am talking about. The mechanic drove my car & also the head of the service department & they both said they heard & felt that noise. But I will keep looking until I get the correct answer. What year is your Verano?

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
I have a 2013 Turbo. Then only "odd" thing I have noticed is that right after startup and putting the vehicle in gear and start moving, I get a slight fast vibration/rumble for maybe a 1/2 second or so, that I can feel through the pedals more than I can hear. I think it has something to do with the ABS system. It only does it once right after startup.

TIMMY14

Buick Ownership
Verano
My 2014 2.4 liter verano does that too when it shifts from first into second only one time on the initial startup then after it shifts perfectly with no noise. I'm wondering if this is normal to??

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.