• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Noises

90cinco

Buick Ownership
Verano
Hey all! I purchased a 2016 Verano in February, and as much as I love it, I'm beginning to notice certain noises that I didn't hear before. The two noises relate to the car doors. When the car is unlocked and I open the driver-side door I hear a sound coming from the rear. As far as I know, the sound doesn't seem to happen when the doors are locked and then opened. And the second sound happens after the doors are locked using the RKE. After I lock the doors with the RKE I hear a whirring-type sound. It is completely possible that these sounds have been there the entire time and I just never noticed, but I was just wanting to see if the sounds were normal. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
Hi 90,

It's possible that the sounds are related to changing temperatures. My car makes noises when its 40-60ºF out that are not heard when it's below 40 or above 60 outside. There's been a small creaking noise in the driver's B-pillar or the rear door since I bought the car (but I don't hear it in summer or winter; just spring and autumn) and lately, the overhead center console has been making a small creaking sound.

The only whirring I hear regularly is the EPB when I engage it. I'm not usually close enough to my car when I lock it via RKE to hear any whirring noises.

TIMMY14

Buick Ownership
Verano
Whenever I open my door or leave and lock it with the key fob I hear noise in the back as well sounds almost like a clicking kind of sound I'm wondering if that's normal?

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
Could be the carbon canister - it makes a knocking sound 3-5 times from the rear of the vehicle during warmup. Mine's also made the same sound after I've arrived at my destination and I'm walking away from the car or after I've shut the engine down in a parking lot and waited in the cabin. The carbon canister is part of the emissions system and it is a normal noise on Delta-platform sedans. My Saturn Ions (Delta I) made it, too.

Pedal Commander