Not a good day for the Encore...

NittanyDoug

Buick
After spending at morning and most of the afternoon in jury duty I get to my car to find my on be ringing. It's my wife. I figure she's calling to see if I'm done. Unfortunately she was in an accident. Here's the carnage. uploadfromtaptalk1412974745688.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1412974745688.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1412974745688.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1412974745688.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1412974745688.jpg

Attachments

NittanyDoug

Buick
Hmm not sure why the first photo is there a bunch of times. Most serious accident we've experienced so this is all new to us.

IceMan2

East Central Indiana
2014 Buick Encore
Jeeze..What a terrible week for Encores on the forum. Here's a pic of what happened to my Wife's 2013 car Monday. Other guys fault. It's gotta be totaled. Find out from Insurance next week how much they will cut a check for. Dealer found a 2014 duplicate to her 2013 (color & options) about 200 miles away with not much difference in price with 2014 year end incentive and rebate.
Hope your Wife didn't suffer serious injury. My Wife has been back to the ER twice so far. Most serious accident we've had and all new to us as well. State Farm seems to be on top of it..but we'll see soon how this will turn out.

NittanyDoug

Buick
My wife is soaking in the tub right now. She's a little bruised from the seat belt and air bag at the knees/shins. If it's any indication the tow truck driver thought totalled too. Its looking like the little Encore is a safe cuv. We'll know more next week early according to the insurance and body shop. I'm pretty sure if totalled we will go with a 2014 in black if we can find one.

NittanyDoug

Buick
Never dealt with an insurance claim like this. No idea if its totalled or not the front is way jacked up. I can't think you could ever get it to drive right with that front right smacked the way it is

IceMan2

East Central Indiana
2014 Buick Encore
Never dealt with an insurance claim like this. No idea if its totalled or not the front is way jacked up. I can't think you could ever get it to drive right with that front right smacked the way it is
Hopefully yours and ours are totaled(better outcome that way for sure). Both look totaled to me. Keep us informed as to how it's settled..as will I on our 2013.
IceMan2

NittanyDoug

Buick
It will need a new front clip plus substructure and suspension and all of the good stuff under the hood. I don't know what it needs to be to total a car but the repairs on this one will be pretty high.

Lynnster

Buick
2nd time in 24 hrs that I'm here to offer my condolences to another Encore & a beaten & bruised wife! Thank goodness both ladies are ok (if one can say "ok" considering how awful these crashes were!)
Doug - can share approx how fast she & the other car were traveling & whether she was hit head on or offset?
What a week! Ice & then heating pads should help both...

NittanyDoug

Buick
Well the details I've gotten are sketchy... The Encore was hit one the front. Think pulling out into traffic. I haven't pieced together which direction the focus was ( coming from left vs right). The other car was going likely 40+ according to the tow truck driver. The encore was spun around several times from what my wife said.

adrunk

Silicon Valley
1-16-1992
Datapoint:

My neighbor's $117K, 577 horsepower, Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG 4MATIC Sedan was t-boned at 45 mph

All 4 occupants were completely unhurt

$86K to repair and was not totaled by the insurance

It's been 3 months and they still have the rental

:headbang:

KSDeputy

NE Kansas
Buick Encore
Glad the people are ok, vehicles can be replaced, people can't. This little vehicle has 10 airbags, I feel quite safe in it. I drive defensively, and have been through two pursuit driving courses. That knowledge helps me get out of the way quickly if I must. This is a great vehicle for me, I love it. It is a replacement for a 10 year old Trailblazer that got 16 mpg.

NittanyDoug

Buick
I was thinking similarly about the plumbing for all of the turbo. Where is all of that and was it just shoved back as well. That could really add up to some dollars.

IceMan2

East Central Indiana
2014 Buick Encore
The adjuster looked today and deemed it totaled. So the dealer is looking for a 2014 Black Leather...
So good to hear..!! I won't find out from my adjustor until Wed or Fri. about my Wife's car.
Your damage looks very similar to mine. We have a 2014 Silver/black leather Premium/chrome wheels coming from Dealer in Columbus,Ohio (165 mi. away) to replace my Wife's 2013. This was the only duplicate within a 500 mi. area available..plus bumping up a year. She's driving a rental right now.
IceMan2

NittanyDoug

Buick
I would certainly think yours is totalled if ours was. There's one pretty close to what she wants but it has the chrome wheels. I doubt she likes them $1000 worth. And now they seem to push them with the cross bars and the all weathers mats, both of which we already have and I don't want to spend another $500 on them.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!