• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Number of issues...

RegalTurbo

Canada
Buick Ownership
BuickRegalTurbo
Hello everyone!

Owner of a German Built 2011 Regal Turbo with all options but Nav. (not sure what package that is.) I'm having a number of issues with my vehicle and have had it in the dealer a number of times.

First issue I am having has to do with the engine making a weird noise on startup. If the vehicle has been sitting for a couple hours and I start it the RPM's go up to about 1500 rpm's and then after about 30 seconds fall to under 1000. I think this is normal on startup when the vehicle has been sitting for awhile, however, it makes a really weird noise when you put the car in reverse or drive. Let's say I put the car in reverse to back out of a parking spot, after I remove my foot from the brake and let the vehicle coast out of the spot (not putting foot on accelarator pedal) it will make a very odd noise for about 30 seconds. I've had it in the dealer a number of times for this however they have not been able to find what is causing the noise becuase it only lasts about 30 seconds and then goes away. Also, if I just flutter the gas pedal when I first put the car in drive you can hear the noise as well. I'm not really sure how to explain the sound it makes. It's a very grinding like noise..

Second issue I am having are the brakes, more specifically warped rotors. Anyone else having an issue with this? Basically, any high speed braking and the steering wheel magically becomes a shake weight. also noticeable at low speed braking too.

Third issue is looseness in the steering. Anytime I drive on an un-even road or brake on an un-even surface the steering wheel wants to wander all over the place. I basically have to fight the steering wheel to keep the car going straight. This is very annoying because I constantly need to corrective steer the car. Is this caused by the size of the tires? Or could it have something to do with the suspension system in the front end? I've had it in the dealer for this as well and they tell me it's fine but I don't think it is suppose to be that loose.

All in all at this point I am a little discouraged over the problems I am having with my vehicle and I don't know what to do.

Anybody else been having these problems?

NewTekBuzz

Flint Area
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal T07
Hello everyone!

Owner of a German Built 2011 Regal Turbo with all options but Nav. (not sure what package that is.) I'm having a number of issues with my vehicle and have had it in the dealer a number of times.

First issue I am having has to do with the engine making a weird noise on startup. If the vehicle has been sitting for a couple hours and I start it the RPM's go up to about 1500 rpm's and then after about 30 seconds fall to under 1000. I think this is normal on startup when the vehicle has been sitting for awhile, however, it makes a really weird noise when you put the car in reverse or drive. Let's say I put the car in reverse to back out of a parking spot, after I remove my foot from the brake and let the vehicle coast out of the spot (not putting foot on accelarator pedal) it will make a very odd noise for about 30 seconds. I've had it in the dealer a number of times for this however they have not been able to find what is causing the noise becuase it only lasts about 30 seconds and then goes away. Also, if I just flutter the gas pedal when I first put the car in drive you can hear the noise as well. I'm not really sure how to explain the sound it makes. It's a very grinding like noise..

Second issue I am having are the brakes, more specifically warped rotors. Anyone else having an issue with this? Basically, any high speed braking and the steering wheel magically becomes a shake weight. also noticeable at low speed braking too.

Third issue is looseness in the steering. Anytime I drive on an un-even road or brake on an un-even surface the steering wheel wants to wander all over the place. I basically have to fight the steering wheel to keep the car going straight. This is very annoying because I constantly need to corrective steer the car. Is this caused by the size of the tires? Or could it have something to do with the suspension system in the front end? I've had it in the dealer for this as well and they tell me it's fine but I don't think it is suppose to be that loose.

All in all at this point I am a little discouraged over the problems I am having with my vehicle and I don't know what to do.

Anybody else been having these problems?
Hello,
I have noticed that mine does sound a bit grindy at start up… but not bad enough to take it in. I don’t have problems with steering, do you have the Sport/tour button? If so does it do this in all modes?
How many miles do you have on the car? My breaks seem soft for being new. Going from my Regal (3500 miles) to our F-150 (22000 miles) the truck breaks about put me thru the window.
As far as the dealer…. You have to keep on them! all else fails, try another dealer.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Tim

RegalTurbo

Canada
Buick Ownership
BuickRegalTurbo
I do have the sport and tour buttons and when it is on Sport it does help tighten the steering a small amount but it is still quite noticeable.

I've got a little over 29,000 Km's on the vehicle now..

Detroit, USA
I would like to look into this for you. Where are you located? Please feel free to contact me privately with more information. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

YYZRegalTurbo

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal Turbo
I do have the sport and tour buttons and when it is on Sport it does help tighten the steering a small amount but it is still quite noticeable.

I've got a little over 29,000 Km's on the vehicle now..
Mine has only over 3000 km, now you gave me a good scare. I though turbo versions were less problematic, I had zero issues so far. Hm...:(

goobee

Sunny California
Buick Ownership
2011 Opel Insignia CXL T07
The wider the tire, the more tendency to follow grooves, ruts and cracks in the road. Not a lot you can do about that.

How many miles was on the car when you bought it? Someone may have taken it on a spirited test drive and bent a wheel. Get the dealer to pop off all the wheels and throw them on the balance machine. They'll know right away whether it's just a mis-balanced tire or worse.

RegalTurbo

Canada
Buick Ownership
BuickRegalTurbo
The wider the tire, the more tendency to follow grooves, ruts and cracks in the road. Not a lot you can do about that.

How many miles was on the car when you bought it? Someone may have taken it on a spirited test drive and bent a wheel. Get the dealer to pop off all the wheels and throw them on the balance machine. They'll know right away whether it's just a mis-balanced tire or worse.

I do understand that the width and profile of the tires are going to have an impact on how the vehicle reacts to grooves, ruts and cracks in the road but the looseness in steering seems really excessive.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Tfq25sUe0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Tfq25sUe0[/ame]

I found this video on Youtube, is it really suppose to be that easy to move the steering wheel?

No one had test driven the vehicle prior to my purchase of the vehicle. I test drove a 2.4 Regal and decided to take it overnight. The next morning when I dropped it off the 2.4 regal my dealer just took delivery of the turbo. Took it for a small test drive and made the deal later that day. There was probably only 20 km's on the car.

willidg

MI
Buick Ownership
Buick
I also have the wider tires and the only time my steering is loose or wanders is under hard acceleration. It’s just torque steering. I have not had any problems with it well braking or just under normal driving conditions. Hopefully your dealership can figure out what that problem is

Detroit, USA
Unfortunately I primarily specialize in working with customers in the US. However, I would recommend contacting GM of Canada at 800-263-3777. The hours of operation are M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST. I hope this helps. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Pedal Commander