• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Numerical values in DIC

Green62belair

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour X
I can get the "tire pressure", "battery voltage", or "oil life" subjects highlighted in the DIC and by using the center of the button "check mark" I can put a green check mark in the box or take the check mark out of the box, BUT I CAN'T GET A NUMERICAL VALUE TO DISPLAY. Been through owners manual, My Buick, Google; out of ideas. Anyone know how to operate this before I take it back to the dealership? Thank you very much.

Hinky

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
You are in settings, where you choose which items display when you are in "info". Hit the left button on the wheel and you can choose "info".

Everything you checkmark where you are now can be scrolled through when you're in info, and everything you don't checkmark is removed from there to keep the info page scrolling from being messy.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
BTW I think it's kinda silly that I can get "voltage" in the DIC but not oil pressure. I'm pretty sure the 3.6 V6 Buicks can show oil pressure but not the 4 cyl.

Memo to GM engineers, some of us appreciate that little extra bit of info.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Not sure engineers make those decisions. Product planners tell engineers we don't need no stinking oil pressure readout.... because they probably were told by bean counters an idiot light is cheaper.
PS Plus the people at Opel are mad at GM for selling them, thus they have to actually work and make a profit.

Last edited:

Idano

Buick Ownership
Tourx
BTW I think it's kinda silly that I can get "voltage" in the DIC but not oil pressure. I'm pretty sure the 3.6 V6 Buicks can show oil pressure but not the 4 cyl.

My Jeep has an idiot gauge for the oil pressure. Seems they used to have the gauges read the actual oil pressure but too many soccer moms thought something was wrong because the gauge would show different pressures at lower RPMs. Rather than change the dash configuration they replaced the sensor so the gauge acts like an idiot light.
The target market for these cars wouldn't understand an oil pressure gauge.

XtraPerformance

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal GS

Oil pressure is available on my 2016 GS with the LTG 4-cylinder. Maybe they didn't think it was worth creating a gauge for the smaller screened gauge cluster on the non-GS cars or more than likely cost cutting.

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS

GS only shows operating information on the main analog gauges. Nothing in the DIC options.

Speedo, Tach, Fuel, Voltage, Water Temp, and Oil Temp.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
GS only shows operating information on the main analog gauges. Nothing in the DIC options.

Speedo, Tach, Fuel, Voltage, Water Temp, and Oil Temp.

Me thinks metric on oil pressure readout, 100 to 320 lbs would be a big problem. But speedo is not in metric?
Ooo oil temp not pressure.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
My Jeep has an idiot gauge for the oil pressure. Seems they used to have the gauges read the actual oil pressure but too many soccer moms thought something was wrong because the gauge would show different pressures at lower RPMs. Rather than change the dash configuration they replaced the sensor so the gauge acts like an idiot light.
The target market for these cars wouldn't understand an oil pressure gauge.
Jeep is not the only one. My Honda, my Ford and I believe my Buick have idiot gauges for Coolant Temperature. Gauge starts out at cold, but then stays in center on a large temperature range before the gauge goes to hot. Ever notice no numbers in the coolant temperature gauge? Also, ever notice you never see the gauge move or get up near hot. This is because I’m the “old days”, drivers would see the gauge creep up toward hot, and they would complain that the engine was overheating, when it wasn’t.
Solution? Install Idiot Gauges. (Does the same as an Idiot Light).

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Jeep is not the only one. My Honda, my Ford and I believe my Buick have idiot gauges for Coolant Temperature. Gauge starts out at cold, but then stays in center on a large temperature range before the gauge goes to hot. Ever notice no numbers in the coolant temperature gauge? Also, ever notice you never see the gauge move or get up near hot. This is because I’m the “old days”, drivers would see the gauge creep up toward hot, and they would complain that the engine was overheating, when it wasn’t.
Solution? Install Idiot Gauges. (Does the same as an Idiot Light).
Coolant is absolutely an idiot gauge. If the one in my TourX ever moves off of dead center on a long trip I'm going to pull over immediately and call roadside assistance.

Pedal Commander