• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Odd Sound On 2006 Lucerne

slimpickens

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucern
I bought a 2006 Lucern new. Great car, great ride, great gas mileage. But recently I have noticed a 'bumping' sound in the left rear area, seemingly in left wheel area.
It is not a rattle, but sounds like a small stick is hitting under the left wheel well. Shocks have been replace, but the sound happened before. Also the air ride was replaced as well. Very annoying, especially at slow speeds , or bumpy road. Have taken everything out of the trunk down to the bare metal bottom. Can't see anything amiss. Any thoughts? On open highway, smooth roads, not noticeable.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Here are diagrams for the rear, but as you can see there are lots of parts that can make a noise. Suspension bushings, sway bar bushing, strut tower bushings, anything connected to fuel tank and trunk components along with possible brakes or bearings etc. Get the car up, remove the wheel and wheel well and start wiggling or sit in the backseat open the pass through and listen when it's moving to maybe isolate the noise. Something that has been replaced may have come loose so don't rule that out also.

050524GM07-046.png1201114H12-043.png1201124H03-010.png1201124H03-012.png

slimpickens

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucern
Thanks Lucerne. Believe it's gonna be like finding a needle in a haystack, but appreciate the diagram. It's certainly on the left side, so I know that's where I'll start. By the way, you don't happen to have the corresponding name for the part numbers?

slimpickens

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucern
UPDATE; Had car on rack for service, left rear wheel taken off, along with wheel well cover. Mechanic said could find nothing amiss. But the sound has now gotten in my head! High speeds, smooth road, no problem. Lower speed, and especially rough road still makes a thumping sound.
What next? Thanks in advance.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Other than rotating the tires and see if it moves. As it could be any vibration and by the diagrams lots of choices, it's hard to say what or where it's coming from. If someone was in the back seat and listen from pass through, can't say if that will help but it's a option.

Pedal Commander