• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

OEM? Weather Tech? Other?

Artyldr01

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I'm being a bit OCD with my new ride but I know winter will SUCK here in the great white north and was looking at getting OEM all-weather mats since I have "points" to basically get front and rear for $30. Hard to beat. BUUUUT...

Weather Techs seem to cover more area.

There are some on Ebay as well that see ok, cheaper but can get all plus trunk mat for @ $140.

Any experience with OEM/W-T or other recommendations?Screenshot_20190515-182406.jpgScreenshot_20190515-182500_Chrome.jpg

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I might hold out a while and see if Husky comes out with liners and see what kind of coverage they have. They have a version that is made of soft rubber which I have preferred similar mats in other cars.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
The Buick all weather mats are on the thin side and don’t line the floor as well as weathertech or maxpider. Additionally I have noted the rear mats shift forward...I have two teenage boys and I am pulling the rear mats back to their original position regularly. They tend to bunch up towards the front seat tracks and even can curl on the corners.

Strippers4Me

Buick Ownership
Tour X
OEM (both carpet & all weather) are mostly garbage. They needed to make them larger with more grip. Three months in & my fronts looks like it came out of a 10 year old car & the rubber ones I can see will be garbage in an Ohio winter.

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
I have maxpider on one and WeatherTech on the other. WeatherTech covers more and stays in place better, but the Maxpider looks way more attractive. Both better than OEM.

Artyldr01

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Cool, I've never heard of Maxpider. Heading there now! I appreciate it. The OEM carpet mats are clearly not durable so I want to replace them now.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I'm still waiting for my 3D KAGU mats to be delivered so I can only point out the shortcomings of the OEM all weather mats. They have very little "side wall" coverage, basically none. I like to stretch my legs out and the OEM mats don't go up behind the pedals very far. Lastly, there is no protection for the dead pedal. They fit well and look good but sadly don't check the utility mark.

The official website for the 3D KAGU mats: U-Ace

FYI, they just became back in stock as of May.

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
When I do get some it's going to be Weather Tech so I can spend this dealership $ I've accumulated lol

G-775336

I have maxpider on one and WeatherTech on the other. WeatherTech covers more and stays in pl ace better, but the Maxpider looks way more attractive. Both better than OEM.
Good to know, I was going to order Maxpider, but I guess I should go with weather tech. Lots of snow in my place! I just hate rubber mats though.

Artyldr01

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I'm still waiting for my 3D KAGU mats to be delivered so I can only point out the shortcomings of the OEM all weather mats. They have very little "side wall" coverage, basically none. I like to stretch my legs out and the OEM mats don't go up behind the pedals very far. Lastly, there is no protection for the dead pedal. They fit well and look good but sadly don't check the utility mark.

The official website for the 3D KAGU mats: U-Ace

FYI, they just became back in stock as of May.
Thanks, they have been a challenge to find. I agree, the sidewall and dead pedal coversge are important. I look forward to your report on the KAGU. They definitely look classier.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I'll agree coverage on OEM mats are too small. Wish I got the other brands mentioned above. Shorter wifey has also commented that the front of the mat does not protect high enough for her legs/feet on passenger side.

Other than that, the quality of them are perfectly fine.

Epsilon III

Buick Newbie
Northern, Illinois
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence, 2002 LeSabre Custom
I just got the Maxpider set. Love the look, fit and foot feel, but my one concern is durability. These things are super thin and light. No mat lasts forever so if I get like 3 good years I'll be happy, but only time will tell.15754

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse 1SL
I used to get the OE mats with my GM cars, then decided I wanted the side coverage of the weather techs. They're good mats and do what they say, only nit is the sides are not true flush. So far no problems with the sides sagging in or anything, but a tiny bit of sand/dirt does creep in between the mat and the carpet. The maxspiders look a little nicer, so all things being equal I'd probably try those next car.