Oil and filter

KBuick75

Buick Ownership
Encore
I've never touched Amsoil. It was impossible to find back when I first heard about it and I'm not a fan of their distribution model (MLM). I only run Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic in all my vehicles. 324,000 miles on my 2007 Suburban and 185,000 on my 2002 Dodge Ram 1500. I replaced the valve cover gaskets on the 2007 Suburban last year and there was not a single bit of buildup anywhere. Other than having the slight yellow color, it was as clean as the day it rolled off the factory floor.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Irish1

Buick Ownership
03 Lesabre Limited Celebration Edition
My brother runs it in his plow trucks. Claims he doesn't have to add oil between changes like he did with other oils.

I run Mobil 1 because it is so readily available. Have driven a couple of GM 3800's well over 300k with the Mobil 1.

I do use the Amsoil ATF. 2 people that I know with heavy diesel pickups with transmission temperature sensors have told me that the temperatures in their transmissions dropped significantly with the Amsoil ATF when they were towing.

HotZ28

Full Member Since 2005
SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS
My 2500 HD with an Allison trans and fluid temp sensor/gauge, never goes above 180-deg using Valvoline Max Life and regular external filter, no matter what I pull. I pull a 5500k camper through the mountain passes in the spring & summer! .

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners