• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Oil Change time...

snosaint

Buick Ownership
regal
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo. 75k miles I dont know what has been used in it, but was planning on Mobil1 high mileage 10w 30. I know the recommended is 5-30 but at 75k things are getting looser, the tolerances have expanded. Anybody want to chime in?

Also will be doing a trany fluid change with valvoline maxlife full synthetic MV Dex/Merc that is DexVI rated. Anyone have any comments on that? Please hurry if you do!

Last edited:

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
If you are in a relatively mild climate, dont experience lots of winter temperatures close to 0 to 10 degrees, the 10w30 should be fine. Once the engine is up to operating temperatures the 30 in the viscosity comes into play.

atomicbee

Southern California
Buick Ownership
2014 AWD PR 2
5/30 Castrol GTX Full synthetic Dexos 1 Gen 2 approved or Castrol Edge-Using Castrol brand for 25 years and all my vehicles lasted beyond 300k mark-Transmission go with Mobil 1 112980 Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid

CoyoteEcotec

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal AWD T
5w30 with Dexos Gen2. Pick your poison on brand. I don’t think things are as loose as we think with these newer engines. I’ve seen engines with 70k+ miles that still had the crosshatching on the cylinder walls. Oil and engine technology has come a long way.

GoHack

Sustaining Member
SoCal
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, 6 Speed M/T, Navigation Package
Engines now-a-days are very close tolerance, and if well maintain, will go a long way.

A few months ago, I bought a new Jeep Wrangler JLU, w/a V6. It just turned 12000 miles, and it all of a sudden feels different, w/a little more power. Talking w/the dealer, they said its because those engines are very close tolerance, and it takes a while to break-in.

As such, I would go w/the recommended oil weight of 5W-30, especially w/the Turbo, so going w/regular Mobil 1 5W-30 should be just fine.

Last edited:

Davidayackle

Engines now-a-days are very close tolerance, and if well maintain, will go a long way.

A few months ago, I bought a new Jeep Wrangler JLU, w/a V6. It just turned 12000 miles, and it all of a sudden feels different, w/a little more power. Talking w/the dealer, they said its because those engines are very close tolerance, and it takes a while to break-in.

As such, I would go w/the recommended oil weight of 5W-30, especially w/the Turbo, so going w/regular Mobil 1 5W-30 should be just fine.
Yup, like I said. Or just go with what the manufacture recommends.... GM Dexos 5w 30

Pedal Commander