Oil filter options

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
Then you would be throwing away good motor oil. If the TBN is above 1.0 the oil is still performing like it should.

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
Then you would be throwing away good motor oil. If the TBN is above 1.0 the oil is still performing like it should.
Well good thing it's cheap lol... I guess that's one old school mentality I have but I never felt like 7-10k intervals were good for a car even though I know testing proves otherwise 🤷‍♂️

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
You also have to consider the effect of the disposed oil on the environment. If you change the oil at 5000 miles you are dumping twice as much oil into the trash since it will easily go 9500 miles.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I was hoping to see test results on the Supertech in the LTG. I know some engines seem to be hard on certain oils.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
Search the internet you might find one on the LTG. I would think the same results would be true for the LTG, it's not like it's some exotic racing engine. It's just a production motor with a turbo.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Search the internet you might find one on the LTG. I would think the same results would be true for the LTG, it's not like it's some exotic racing engine. It's just a production motor with a turbo.
I will take a look at BITOG, I know in general it is well received though. But with that said I know my A4 turbo likes Mobil1 but my Legacy GT ate it and I had to run Rotella. So each engine is different.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
The LTG doesn't eat the supertech synthetic oil. I have 75,000 miles on my car and the dipstick reads full when I change the oil. I usually get around 7000 miles when the oil life monitor reaches 0%.