Oil Filters

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Probably not an issue for most people, but I bring filter and oil to dealer to get labor only quicklube. Was glad to see AC PF 64 is not new E series filter.
Did a little research online and found out some aftermarket filters do not have proper bypass specs.

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX Essence | Moon Blue Metallic
I think the E series line has gotten better lately. I run an PF48E on my 2012 Camaro SS, and it has the proper metal core and looks robust. Unlike the E when they first came out and were becoming cheap and plastic cores.

I also bought a PF663 Professional when I did my first oil change on my TourX. Didn't realize that the stock was PF64 before I ordered it. So far I haven't had any issues with it, but I'll throw a 64 on during my next change.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I bought bunch of PF 46's before they went to eco version.
Seems many filters will fit but some have lower pressure bypass, like 12# instead of 22#.

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
Probably not an issue for most people, but I bring filter and oil to dealer to get labor only quicklube.
Just curious, why do you bring your own?

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Just curious, why do you bring your own?
Because I am cheap, plus they will wash it if I want.
GM dealers charge me $10 to $15 labor if I do.
Get Mobil 1 at Costco for less then $5 a qt.
Maybe not saving much compared to Walmart.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
If you are cheap, why not just take advantage of the two free service visits?
Already got first one at 1300 miles, will do next free one soon..
Get engine flushed out with bulk dexos oil, before going to yearly Mobil 1 change as normal.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
Be sure to use a Mobil I oil filter with that change!

ntorch

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Thanks for the info. After my two free oil changes, I'll be under the car doing my own. I am glad to see our engines use a standard spin off filter. The filter inserts my Vibe Toyota use are a pain.

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
Buick Ownership
Thanks for the info. After my two free oil changes, I'll be under the car doing my own. I am glad to see our engines use a standard spin off filter. The filter inserts my Vibe Toyota use are a pain.
It's a very easy oil change too on this car.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
It's a very easy oil change too on this car.
That's good to hear! I've been spoiled by top-side changes on my TDI for the past decade. Upright canister filter with an oil extraction pump meant I never had to do all the work to get under the car and could have a change done in ~5 minutes.

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
Buick Ownership
Yeah, you have to get under, but once you remove the kick-plate everything is right there in the front and an easy reach.

I didn't love standard jack stands under this car, so I pulled out my round ESCO stands.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
Yeah, you have to get under, but once you remove the kick-plate everything is right there in the front and an easy reach.

I didn't love standard jack stands under this car, so I pulled out my round ESCO stands.
I have the same stands. Where did you position them?

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
Buick Ownership
Just in front of the jack point on the side, there's a circular indent that the stand fit. This is the first car that I own that I don't jack up from the center of the front of the car because of the kick-plate.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.