• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Oil Life Remaining

redGS2

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I received an email from the dealer and OnStar that I had 21% oil life remaining. I had the oil changed on my 2019 GS and my 2012 Chevy Cruze in June. Both cars because of the pandemic have been driven only about 2000 miles each. The oil life remaining on the GS is 21% the oil life remaining on the cruise is 73%. Very strange.
PS. Oil level is fine on both cars, and the oil looks fairly decent.

Last edited:

redGS2

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I received an email from the dealer and OnStar that I had 21% oil life remaining. I had the oil changed on my 2019 GS and my 2012 Chevy Cruze in June. Both cars because of the pandemic have been driven only about 2000 miles each. The oil life remaining on the GS is 21% the oil life remaining on the cruise is 73%. Very strange.
PS. Oil level is fine on both cars, and the oil looks fairly decent.
Just found post Oil change
It appears that in MY2013 mileage was capped at 7500. So my 2012 is not capped.

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX Essence | Moon Blue Metallic
I would do the change this summer, I do like to do an oil change on cars each year, regardless of mileage.

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence
I've always figured with as cheap as oil changes are, why push it off? I usually change around 20-30%.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
From your owner's manual:
On page 252, "The engine oil and filter must
be changed at least once a year".
1617639302204.png
1617639318176.png

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I've always figured with as cheap as oil changes are, why push it off? I usually change around 20-30%.
Same here...that is about my comfort level given that the % is algorithm based and not actually based off condition of oil. Since not all oils are the same and truth is crap goes wrong and you might not see right away. So leaving a little on the table means I am less likely to exceed the oil's abilities to protect regardless of oil type or running condition.

autocomman

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I change between 25-30. It's right at 5k miles at that point and being in the service industry for over 20 years, I don't need to push that any longer. Much of my mileage has been highway lately anyway so I'm more comfy at the 5k mark. But it's such easy preventave maintaince. Also that's about 6ish months for me. I know the ecotech doesn't have sludge issues, but I've seen too many cars with sludge problems.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!