Oil pressure 04 lesabre

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
You must use a hydraulic jack and then a jack stand. If you are not used to working on your car, this may not be something you want to try. If you do, get the right equipment first. Ramps will also work.

The 3800 oil pumps are gerotor type and driven by the crankshaft. They are excellent and very reliable.

Mad_Coachman

Baldwin, New York
Buick Ownership
2002 LeSabre Limited
What's the best way to jack the car up? Using the tire changing jack? Can you get a jack stand underneath it if you use that?
A hydraulic floor jack would be the quickest way. You can get one at HF for just under a 100 bucks.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Here's a diagram on what you are looking at part #719. Understanding what the part is, location and how to do the repair prior to starting will make it easier and hopefully uneventful.
060203GM00-033.jpeg

rcl153

Buick Ownership
Buick
Mad coachman, I used to change my oil and spark plugs on my older cars. Changed the radiator on my 85 Pontiac, Battery and brakes, on my truck. Not much on the lesabre,I have a good mechanic, I'm 66. The lesabre is running ok at the moment, I had fairly bad luck with it, the tranny shifts hard, after driving 20 miles straight, otherwise works ok. I drive it around town and to work. I was told on this for forum about the trans go kit, but never did it. I had the motor mount replaced, coil, electronic ignition, some plastic elbows that leaked coolant, tranny fluid, plugs, ect., ect. Right now it has 125k MI on it. Hope to keep it running. I'm debating whether to attempt this.

Mad_Coachman

Baldwin, New York
Buick Ownership
2002 LeSabre Limited
it's right above your oil filter. I bought a specialty socket at AutoZone. If you have to think about then take it to your mechanic. I'm no "spring chicken" either. I'm 64 and aren't that quick to get under the hood anymore but I HATE to pay someone else to do a job that I can do for a fraction of the price they would charge me just for the parts.
BTW, I had tranny problems too. I put in the shift kit (44 bucks on Amazon) in 2 hours start to finish including cleanup. If you can change a tranny filter it's not much harder to pull out the accumulator which is right next to the filter. There are plenty of YouTube videos that show how it's done. Search TransGo shift kit 4T65E. I never did it before and waited until Winter was over and now I feel like an ass for waiting so long. About 90 bucks in total for shift kit and two gallons of Dex 3 compatible fluid. I used STP. Tranny shifts quickly but smoothly and no more harsh shifts when it warms up. It's almost like a rebuilt tranny!!!

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
It's actually just good sense to replace the oil sender on an old car. A failed sensor can lead to loss of oil if it breaks. I had one break on my 2nd Oldsmobile (1998 Eighty Eight). I noticed a puddle of oil below the car when I parked on the street in Brooklyn. The oil wasn't dripping from anywhere but when I started the engine it was spurting out. I had to call a tow truck to get my car home where I could change the sender. I got lucky. He should change the sender. Cheap insurance against possible catastrophic failure and it's easy to change with the proper socket.
i should have added that if its fine i was meaning like in good condition. I have replaced mine when I got the car because it was suspiciously high and appeared original. it was original, but it wasnt incorrect, it was just really well maintained., but the plastic was brittle., cracked when i took connector off. it wasnt going back on LOL

I change mine with a wrench. I didnt know there was a socket

rcl153

Buick Ownership
Buick
Larry, nice car! What engine is in it?
My Riviera is like that. I just push them under the car and as long as the tire contacts the beginning of the ramp, the car will drive up onto them just fine. I've done it many times without a problem.rry

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
I tried with a wrench. No room for a decent throw. The socket is a good investment at about 8-10 bucks depending on brand.
Mine I involved having the perfect size crescent and having to flip it every turn where I only got 1 side of the hex movement each turn.
Needless to say this tool will be a welcome addition to my collection the minute I need to remove one of them anytime soon...

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
Larry, nice car! What engine is in it?
If you are talking about the one in my avatar, it's a 1970 Gran Sport 455 Stage1. The Buick 455 has been bored and stroked to 470 cubic inches. It made 602 HP and 589 TQ on the engine dyno. There are a couple of youtube links in my signature. Car runs consistent mid 11's at 116-118 MPH.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
If you are talking about the one in my avatar, it's a 1970 Gran Sport 455 Stage1. The Buick 455 has been bored and stroked to 470 cubic inches. It made 602 HP and 589 TQ on the engine dyno. There are a couple of youtube links in my signature. Car runs consistent mid 11's at 116-118 MPH.
Nice. I’m currently looking for a late 70s Buick qjet for my 350 sbb in my 77 electra

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
Nice. I’m currently looking for a late 70s Buick qjet for my 350 sbb in my 77 electra

This would be the carburetor if you wanted the correct part number.

Check with Ken Gies over at Everyday Performance. Tell him Larry from V8Buick sent you.

Ken can build one for you if you aren't concerned with numbers matching.

Join over at V8buick, V8buick.com

Get your turbo buick badge right here!