• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

One payment in, the mod list is growing for the tourx

Kamehameleon

Syracuse, NY
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Spoiler: made by a company called CSR, sold by them or magnatuning.com. Rear Spoiler Lip for Opel Insignia B Sports Tourer HA218
How was the install for the spoiler? I really like how it changes the roofline.

Looks great. How did you end up blacking out the long chrome strip at the top of the window that runs into the taillights? Mask everything off and paint, or a film?
I too, am curious. It looks like you did a really good job, especially with the fiddly bit in the taillights

ezpotato

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX

I too, am curious. It looks like you did a really good job, especially with the fiddly bit in the taillights
It was a lot of taping and plastidip. The longest part is taping properly and then peeling tape off without peeling dip. I've gotten pretty good at it now though. Done it on my last 5 cars.

ezpotato

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX

Super easy. When you're ready for a "permanent" install, they ship it with this black adhesive, almost like a silicone. Otherwise, for my test fit, I used the strongest 3m double sided tape. It was on there VERY well.

It's at the body shop right now getting painted. So I will do my "permanent" install tomorrow.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
It was a lot of taping and plastidip. The longest part is taping properly and then peeling tape off without peeling dip. I've gotten pretty good at it now though. Done it on my last 5 cars.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I am assuming the spray can of Plati Dip? Did you do 2 or 3 coats?

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Some updated pics. I did a few more small things. Calipers painted, blacked center caps, paint matched spoiler, side "extensions" finished. Just waiting for that damn front lip to come in.
Those gold calipers match nicely with the exterior colour! (y)

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Coming along nicely. The gold looks good with the "murdered out" theme; I was expecting to see red lol.

Kamehameleon

Syracuse, NY
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Some updated pics. I did a few more small things. Calipers painted, blacked center caps, paint matched spoiler, side "extensions" finished. Just waiting for that damn front lip to come in.
Didn't notice before that you have a window/rain deflector installed. Was that from Wellvisors? I've been struggling with their install instructions.

swegyptian

Buick Ownership
TourX
Looks great! Does the wheel/tire combo ever rub on bumps or anything? Also what % tint do you have?

Silverarrow

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
1963 Riviera, 2020 TourX Essence
...Tires: Vredestein Quatrac Pro 245/40/20...
Looks really great.

Question: Thought going to a larger diameter wheel than OEM spec'd (18" to 20") can have, over time, an adverse effect on the AWD, Diff, etc...?

Last edited:

meempdog

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal TourX
How is the back wing actually mounted now that it has been painted? Does the one from the link direct fit to a TourX?

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
Looks really great.

Question: Thought going to a larger diameter wheel than OEM spec'd (18" to 20") can have, over time, an adverse effect on the AWD, Diff, etc...?
His tires are the same diameter as the stock tires, they have a lower profile to compensate for the bigger wheels. Here's a tire calculator for your future reference:

Tire size calculator: compare tires online

bgow

For those not on the Facebook group, a quick update. Some wheels, tires, tint, crappy front "lip", a spoiler from overseas, and some badging.
This looks just awesome! Have you thought of replacing the clear side marker lights with smoked/tinted ones? Would further the blackout you've got going on!
It's on my list to do, and now so is that rear spolier...love it!

ezpotato

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
This looks just awesome! Have you thought of replacing the clear side marker lights with smoked/tinted ones? Would further the blackout you've got going on!
It's on my list to do, and now so is that rear spolier...love it!
I actually don't want it completely blacked out. In fact, the wheels were my wife's choice (her car). I wanted silver or bronze. So now for my second wheel setup, I'm looking at those. I like the clear sides. Appreciate the kind words! The spoiler is my favorite.

Turbo Buick Badge