OOOOH Regal...Thy DAYS Are Numbered!

RegalDesire

4.6L Northstar Member
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal GS
On April 25th, the lease on my 2013 GS ends!

I have only ONE remaining payment to make! The lease was 12k miles per year on Experience Buick, AND the car now has 24,148 miles! The dealership has been leaving voicemails inquiring about my plans for the future; I really like Buick - the Regal in particular. This time around, though, things will be different! For instance, I like the exterior of the Regal Turbo, but prefer the GS interior for its seats and additional features! I like the analog gauges on the Turbo, but the GS has added information and doodads! Plus I understand that the GS has a fatter torque curve, but I'm unsure how that will affect actual performance given the loss of 11 horsepower! I'm leaning more towards the GS - especially if it can be had in Copper Red Metallic! Most on dealer lots here are Quicksilver Metallic or Black Diamond Tricoat! I'd like BDT, but I fear having to get it repainted since a co-worker related her experience with a similar color on her Fusion (before the Aston Martin knockoff)!

I'd like to hear how other 2015 Regal owners deal with the revised infotainment system sans iControl knob! I recently went to the local Auto Show and sat in one where I found that it was rather distracting having to reach for the lower right hand of the screen to scroll and click using the knob! Actually using the touchscreen was just as annoying - I can imagine what it must be like to use while actually driving! I wish the four-way controller on the right hand of the steering wheel would allow control of the center screen, but I saw no evidence that it could!

I'd like to know how people on here operate the new nav/stereo interface!

ksmithbsu

Buick Ownership
'13 Regal GS
Why not buy your Regal at the end of the lease? I'd imagine it's in the $22k ballpark. ...if you're still interested in it that is...

RegalDesire

4.6L Northstar Member
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal GS
IIII'm NOT so much interested in a long-term relationship with a car anymore.

My last LTR with a car...well, that didn't end well :(

I also have enjoyed the two years of free maintenance, OnStar, and XM/Sirius! It's an unbeatable combination! And I do want to try out the newer features despite the changes in ergonomics. A change of color will be nice!

ZoomZoom Diva

5.7L LS1 Member
Apple Valley, MN
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal GS "Bruce"
In Sport mode, the Regal GS gauges are in analog format for the speedometer, oil temperature, and voltmeter. I see no functional difference between the displayed images of the gauges and a true analog gauge. I like to add the oil pressure gauge to the middle of the speedometer, but there are plenty of other options. It is only that display which is controlled by the right hand 4-way.

Performance in various tests and magazines have shown the two GS engines being essentially the same in results.

I have never been a fan of the mouse-control things for car systems, and I find the touch screen easy to use, particularly with the Back and Home physical buttons. I use voice for most navigation and phone functions.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
A lot of the functions on the center screen, radio, nav, etc. are available on the DIC in front of the driver. The left arrow on the right hand side of the wheel brings you into the various choices. The default is information, speed, mpg, battery, etc.

RegalDesire

4.6L Northstar Member
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal GS
A lot of the functions on the center screen, radio, nav, etc. are available on the DIC in front of the driver. The left arrow on the right hand side of the wheel brings you into the various choices. The default is information, speed, mpg, battery, etc.

THANKS, MelsRegal! This is INDEED good to know and makes the decision even easier...GS it is!

And WOW, ZoomZoom Diva...I've never heard anybody not like the knob, but it is a matter of individual tastes! No right or wrong! I particularly like that I can operate the console controller and it associated buttons by feel without having to put a lot of thought into it! The new controller in the Opel Insignia is even slicker! When the new Lacrosse debuts, it appears that there will be a newer version mounted flush on the console behind an e-shifter!

jester435...I put down a little over $4 grand with a monthly payment of $378! I anticipate that the next one will have a slightly higher payment as most of the GS models here (including the one I hope to get) are equipped with Driver Confidence Package 1, some with 1 and 2!

2012gsguy

USA
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS manual, roof, 19's in White Diamond
My dealership has FWD Auto GS in Copper Red with the Sunroof and 20's in stock. It is absolutely stunning! My lease was a 39 mo or I would have that car in my driveway right now. I test drove it and since mine is a stick the drive is a little different. The LTG sounds different than the LHU in the older GS. Not as loud/Rumbly sounding at idle and up through the RPMS. My guess is the smaller exhaust piping makes it quieter. The seats have leather that is much softer than the 2012 GS but the bolsters and padding fell the same. The seats actually have leather thats so soft its slightly wrinkly rather that firm and taut like the 12. The dash is soooo much better with less buttons and the Intellilink is sweet. The Bose audio actually plays much louder than the HK system in my GS. Anything over 24 volume and mine does NOT get any louder and loses all the bass! The BOSE just CRANKS! The rear end styling is a nice refresh along with the front. The keyless entry has a button on the door handle now vs my car has a sensor that you dont actually push you just brush your hand along the pad and it unlocks the car. Seems they went backwards with this feature. The instrument cluster is VERY nice! I just wish a boost gauge was an option to show in the GS mode gauge pack. Anyway Let me know if you want pictures of the car and I know I can get you a really great deal on it...Like WAAAY UNDER invoice plus rebates. PM me with any questions. 12gsguy

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Harshman

Buick Ownership
17 Regal GS AWD
Just after trading my 11 TO4 for the GS, i adjusted to not having the scroll wheel. I use voice more often. Touch screen is okay. A few of 'buttons' are a bit of reach, upper right corner.

Illegal Regal

Buick Ownership
Buick
2012gsguy, you seem to have some inside info. Can you tell me why my dealer here in Winnipeg would tell me the GS is not available for order in Copper Red? It seems there have been plenty produced in that colour. I doubt the fact I live in Canada is an issue as all new Regals are built in Canada.

JohnMC2010

Farmington Hills, MI
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Preferred
Maybe it's possible that they just don't make Canada spec GS's in CRM...?

RegalDesire

4.6L Northstar Member
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal GS
My dealership has FWD Auto GS in Copper Red with the Sunroof and 20's in stock. It is absolutely stunning! My lease was a 39 mo or I would have that car in my driveway right now. I test drove it and since mine is a stick the drive is a little different. The LTG sounds different than the LHU in the older GS. Not as loud/Rumbly sounding at idle and up through the RPMS. My guess is the smaller exhaust piping makes it quieter. The seats have leather that is much softer than the 2012 GS but the bolsters and padding fell the same. The seats actually have leather thats so soft its slightly wrinkly rather that firm and taut like the 12. The dash is soooo much better with less buttons and the Intellilink is sweet. The Bose audio actually plays much louder than the HK system in my GS. Anything over 24 volume and mine does NOT get any louder and loses all the bass! The BOSE just CRANKS! The rear end styling is a nice refresh along with the front. The keyless entry has a button on the door handle now vs my car has a sensor that you dont actually push you just brush your hand along the pad and it unlocks the car. Seems they went backwards with this feature. The instrument cluster is VERY nice! I just wish a boost gauge was an option to show in the GS mode gauge pack. Anyway Let me know if you want pictures of the car and I know I can get you a really great deal on it...Like WAAAY UNDER invoice plus rebates. PM me with any questions. 12gsguy

2012gsguy, THANKS for ALL the information about the newer model! I would like to see the pics!

I, too, built a Copper Red Metallic GS before coming here just to keep track of local inventory...so YES, it CAN be done according to the Buick website!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners