Opel parts source?

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Hi all,

Please bear with the newbie here, as this is my first day/second post, and I don’t even have possession of my newly acquired TourX yet. That said, is there a reliable source for Opel parts that others are using? I’d like to rebadge the grill and rear hatch with emblems from our wagon brothers across the pond.

Any help on this project would be very much appreciated. If others have done this, as I’m sure it’s not an original idea, part sources and/or numbers would be amazing! Thanks very much!

TurboLover

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
2011 Regal Turbo (T03) - 6 sp manual & 2013 Verano Turbo
European Auto Parts - Fix your European car with us at eEuroparts.com® We have been your trusted supplier of Saab, Volvo, BMW, Mini, VW Volkswagen, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, Land Rover, and Jaguar Parts since 2000.

Used these guys to order a new speaker for my 2011 Regal. I had speaker blow and the dealer told me it was a discontinued part. With 2 minutes of web searching, I learned it is a Saab part and readily available from the above. Had an OEM speaker in two days. Great service.

Additional note - though my Regal was built by Opel...it used a Saab part. Not sure if that fits your need but realized you are asking about Opel parts.

capitalpyro

Buick Ownership
Tour X
Online Opel parts have been very difficult for me to find. I have even set my vpn to various European countries and still can find online part listings. The rear emblems can be found on Ebay but the front that fits the 2018 Insignia has been very elusive. Vauxhall and Holden a little easier. If anyone has a link to buy Opel OEM parts I would be interested. None of those posted so far have panned out (but thanks anyway)

Anaduff

St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
In my case, I had to send an e-mail to OriginalCarParts asking about the grille wings & attach a photo of what I was after. Next day they replied & quoted a price & shipping. Of course now they're remodeling or something for the next few months.

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Thank you all for your responses. My internet searching has proved unsuccessful, but I will email OCP and hopefully they can assist me!

capitalpyro

Buick Ownership
Tour X
Thank you all for your responses. My internet searching has proved unsuccessful, but I will email OCP and hopefully they can assist me!
Let us know if you are successful. Thanks

toga94m

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
The rear emblems can be found on Ebay but the front that fits the 2018 Insignia has been very elusive. Vauxhall and Holden a little easier.
I'd be interested in sources for Vauxhall badging. I think the Opel logo is too close to Nissan, wouldn't really stand out. Extra points if someone can find the tailgate kick logo projection for something other than Buick, but so far I don't see the other brands using projection. Must be Europeans are smart enough that they don't need a lit-up target to kick at, like us Americans.

Anaduff

St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
The YouTube videos I've seen regarding the Opel/Vauxhall hands-free liftgate just show a graphic of the car with the tailgate open being projected--probably the same graphic used on an interior button to open the back--but no makers emblem. That said, there are quite a few LED puddle projectors on Ebay that could be adapted for purpose.

gmejia324

Buick Ownership
TourX

Anaduff

St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
Just took ownership of a 2018 TourX today! Looking for the same as OP. Found some Vauxhall emblems on EBay but no telling if they fit though.

Here's a rear emblem
Vauxhall Vauxhall Insignia Emblem Rear, 4/5-Türer, Sportstourer, Turbo, OPC, New | eBay

Front
Genuine Vauxhall Insignia B Front Bumper Radiator Grille Badge 2017- New Shape | eBay

Main concern is taking exiting badge off. Anybody done yet?
OK--The Vauxhall badge (and backer plate) will mount just fine on an Insignia grille, which is not what the Regal has. If you wanted to just replace the existing Buick badge, you will have to unclip the existing badge & mount, remove the Tri-shield part, grind down the black plastic 'background' (the Vauxhall badge is more flat that the Buick one), fill in the holes around the outside edge, paint if needed (depends on the colour of epoxy used) & then glue the new badge in place. The original Buick emblem is about 150mm in diameter, the largest Vauxhall emblem is about 132mm (this is why you have to fill the holes on the edge), and that emblem is for a 2009-2013 Insignia 'A' pre-facelift (part 13238427 and 13238428 for the backplate). How hard it is to actually replace either the revised original Buick badge or install the whole new grille assy; I don't know (my car still hasn't been delivered--6 months & counting). I don't know if the rear badge (Vauxhall) is different between the hatchback & Tour-X.

gmejia324

Buick Ownership
TourX
Great info! Thanks! I will definitely give your suggestions a shot. My main concern was removing the existing emblems. The front one looks relatively easy. Not sure about the TourX rear one, could be clip on or stuck on? The VauxHall emblem on ebay looks to be clip on.

Anaduff

St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
If you want to do a dry-run, the Buick emblem & mount only costs about $33 from GM Parts Direct (part 39104440) so you can play with it without touching your existing grille. Note--if you have adaptive cruise, all bets are off.

Anaduff

St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
The Vauxhall badge on the Buick grille (as described above), looks like:

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.