• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Opel Slashes Hours at Rüsselsheim Factory

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
With slashed hours and lower production numbers to be expected, the availability of the Buick Regal may become even more scarce going into 2020.

Deutsche Welle Article:
Opel slashes hours at main German factory
From what I've read every order for the 2020 Regal had to be placed with Opel by July, 2019, so whatever will be in the the Regal order pipeline is already there. I don't know where one can publicy find the order book to know how many that might be. Interesting is that a 2019 could have been ordered up until March of 2019. It could be jumping to a wrong conclusion but seems like end of the road for the Opel built Regal is 2020 MY.

https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-buick.html

landsharkmz3

We are in a decline that looks like it may be permanent for individual ownership passenger cars. I do not think we are standing at a cliff where car sales will collapse. There is still too much demand for individual ownership in non-urban areas for the foreseeable future.

There was a big dip 10 years ago, and then a large resurgence. That '10-'16 fleet needs to age until new cars are needed. that is exacerbating the overall decline.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
As I've pointed out previously
2018 Regal sales: 14,000+
2018 Envision sales: 40,000+ - Joe and Jane Six-pack want CUVs

I sincerely hope there are still things left on the market that I want to buy when I'm buying again in several years.

landsharkmz3

As I've pointed out previously
2018 Regal sales: 14,000+
2018 Envision sales: 40,000+ - Joe and Jane Six-pack want CUVs

I sincerely hope there are still things left on the market that I want to buy when I'm buying again in several years.
You will probably have to buy German again.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
While it isn't a wagon, with the Cadilliac CT5 coming out pretty well equipped and at a price point in Regal territory it's hard to make an argument for the Regal Sportback's long term existence.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
While it isn't a wagon, with the Cadilliac CT5 coming out pretty well equipped and at a price point in Regal territory it's hard to make an argument for the Regal Sportback's long term existence.
If GM would quit doing things like detuning the 2.0T in the name of "NVH" maybe I would stop shaking my fist at them.

Do any of us who own a Buick with 2.0T think the engine is "rough" or "unrefined"?

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
If GM would quit doing things like detuning the 2.0T in the name of "NVH" maybe I would stop shaking my fist at them.

Do any of us who own a Buick with 2.0T think the engine is "rough" or "unrefined"?
I think the engine a great(so far). Reminds me a lot of the ford I had with the 3.5 twin turbo-- so much torque. It does have a slight turbo lag...but when the boost hits it is suprisingly fast.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence

Going from the Forester to the TourX no, and is more peppy, but going from the Tour X to the Cobra, The TourX is a real snore, TourX needs around another 20-25% , 300hp to feel right, not fast, just right.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Going from the Forester to the TourX no, and is more peppy, but going from the Tour X to the Cobra, The TourX is a real snore, TourX needs around another 20-25% , 300hp to feel right, not fast, just right.
Latest generation 2.0T (in vehicles like the XT4 and CT5) is putting out 237 hp, down 22 hp from our Buicks. It has lost a bit of torque as well from the 260 lb ft that FWD Regals make. (Far down from the 295 in AWD models.)

The XT4 is a second and a half slower to 60 mph than our TourXs even with similar weight. GMs press release claims the engine is more refined than previous generation engine.

This crap from GM drives me crazy. It's like they're trying to be the "lowest common denominator" car company.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
Latest generation 2.0T (in vehicles like the XT4 and CT5) is putting out 237 hp, down 22 hp from our Buicks. It has lost a bit of torque as well from the 260 lb ft that FWD Regals make. (Far down from the 295 in AWD models.)

The XT4 is a second and a half slower to 60 mph than our TourXs even with similar weight. GMs press release claims the engine is more refined than previous generation engine.

This crap from GM drives me crazy. It's like they're trying to be the "lowest common denominator" car company.
Q: Could the new 2.0T be detuned to better handle 87 octane? Just a thought...

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Excerpt from a recent Automotive News article: GM: 3 of 4 brands decline

Buick was the only GM brand to stay in the black in September. Buick deliveries rose an estimated 4.8 percent, with boosts in Encore and Envision demand.​
Notable nameplates: Buick Encore, up 22%; Buick Envision, up 27%​
No thanks to us and our Regal purchases but at least the brand did well.

Tony Barnes

Buick Newbie
Omaha, NE for now
Buick Ownership
Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
With all this news, I really hope the Regal GS will still be available around next April. If it was feasible now, I would, but I have to wait. My heart is set on a fully loaded white frost GS.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
Regal
With all this news, I really hope the Regal GS will still be available around next April. If it was feasible now, I would, but I have to wait. My heart is set on a fully loaded white frost GS.
My 2 cents: Get it quick. You snooze, you lose.
May not be around by April. (GM is killing cars everywhere other than the Malibu, Camaro, Corvette and Cadillac)

Pedal Commander