• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Opel Slashes Hours at Rüsselsheim Factory

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
With all this news, I really hope the Regal GS will still be available around next April. If it was feasible now, I would, but I have to wait. My heart is set on a fully loaded white frost GS.
What @D2R said. I could have waited longer too... but I simply couldn't pass up my dream Regal when it presented itself. If you find the one, pull the trigger. Not the greatest financial advice as your wallet may be sad but your heart will be happy lol.

Just to entice you, here's my *fully loaded* White Frost Tricoat GS (*less the sunroof because I needed the extra headroom, so fully loaded with everything I wanted).
IMG_20190920_193701.jpg

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
What @D2R said. I could have waited longer too... but I simply couldn't pass up my dream Regal when it presented itself. If you find the one, pull the trigger. Not the greatest financial advice as your wallet may be sad but your heart will be happy lol.

Just to entice you, here's my *fully loaded* White Frost Tricoat GS (*less the sunroof because I needed the extra headroom, so fully loaded with everything I wanted).
View attachment 18792
Nicel looking car ! Are those stock wheels? White is my favorite color or non color.
If you want it, you better grab one while you can... or at least thats how I rationalized my 09 Pontiac's.IMG_20190518_154533193_HDR.jpgIMG_20171202_150546152_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Tony Barnes

Buick Newbie
Omaha, NE for now
Buick Ownership
Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

View attachment 18792
Jack, if I could, I would do it, however, my spouse had open heart surgery in August and medical bills are coming in. Therefore, a car purchase is on hold for now. If I miss out, oh well. I've had a lot of dreams that didn't come true. I've wanted a Regal GS since 2013, then a dream of actually working for General Motors came thru in 2014. However, that ended in 2018 with all of GM's layoffs. So, even though it's my dream car, if I can't find a new or a used GS, it's not going to be the end of my world.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
Regal
I agree with the other posts. Now's the time to move.

Fwiw..anyone looking for a tourX, there's a 2019 sport red Essence, loaded($41k msrp) listed for around $30k at a dealer in Harrisburg PA.

New Buick Regal Vehicles For Sale in Harrisburg, PA Sportback,Regal TourX
Sadly, the mileage indicated that it was a loaner and who knows how was it treated. 😩

Gracie615

Better buy 2. With the slow parts support GM has on these cars you may need the second as a parts car. We haven't had our GS for almost 9 weeks now. Buick Customer Service 2nd level tells us they do not know when the harness will be available. We are waiting on replacing a bad harness on our Infotainment System. Car has been at the dealership so long we almost can't remember what it looks like now. Not the dealerships fault! They have done national parts searches and tried almost everything except make the harness themselves.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
Regal
Got some not so good news from the salesman at my local dealership.
He said he cannot even put the order in the system until GM has finished the negotiation with PSA on the volume of production for the model year. (Thought the contract was at least 3 years, don't remember where I saw it online.)
He promised that I am the first in the line at the dealership for the order. (Hated to be stereotypical about salesmen, but...) 😩

Idano

Buick Ownership
Tourx
He said he cannot even put the order in the system until GM has finished the negotiation with PSA on the volume of production for the model year. (Thought the contract was at least 3 years, don't remember where I saw it online.)
He promised that I am the first in the line at the dealership for the order. (Hated to be stereotypical about salesmen, but...) 😩
Sadly, first in line for ordering a TourX probably means, only one in line.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
Regal
Sadly, first in line for ordering a TourX probably means, only one in line.
That also means, if my order goes through, it would not be another cookie-cutter boring vehicle.
Looking at the Enbore, Enslave, Invasion, and Equalnox. :dry:
(Don't mean to upset the owners of those vehicles, but these vehicles are just everywhere around my area!)

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
That thing is so overpriced though.:ohmy:
Can get a better equipped Equalnox (except the HUD) for 10k less. (Plus, not made in China. Their pollution is unreal, so who knows what is tagged along...)
Invasion (oops) Envision v Terrain SLT (I don't even need a Denali I can get heated seats etc on an SLT) I'll take a Terrain every time, give me the selectable AWD system and the towing package. Even with steep discounts on both the Terrain will still be cheaper. And now that the GM mothership is going to make Buick's warranty the same as every other stupid division there isn't even a reason to pay a little more for a Buick.

Whole company is run by idiots.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
That also means, if my order goes through, it would not be another cookie-cutter boring vehicle.
Looking at the Enbore, Enslave, Invasion, and Equalnox. :dry:
(Don't mean to upset the owners of those vehicles, but these vehicles are just everywhere around my area!)
Or just get a subaru Outback like everyone else in upstate NY and VT. Lol.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I wouldn't get my hope too high if I were you. From information published earlier the deadline for GM placing orders at the Opel factory for 2020 Regals was set to pass a couple months ago. https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-buick.html

Pedal Commander