Opel Steering Wheel Badge Group Buy - Interest Poll

Opel Blitz Badge Interest

• Total voters

goobee

Sunny California
Buick Ownership
2011 Opel Insignia CXL T07
I've been wanting to change the steering wheel badge to Opel but I'm not keen on replacing the entire air bag. An easier way is to just cover it instead of trying to replace it. Something like this would probably work nicely:

The company can make the "Blitz" and ring silver while retaining the black mat backing. The mat is a bit concaved, self adhesive and will cover the Buick badge completely.

The bad news is the company only does volume orders. If there's enough interest, I may be able to talk them into doing a run for us. If we each ordered 3 or 4 of them, it would still be mega cheaper than an air bag.

Let me know if there's interest.

88 E5PR1T

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS, '64 Karmann Ghia, '06 Elise
IIRC, it's the lightning bolt part that sticks out of the ring that's the issue. The Buick airbag indents around the ring, and the lightning bolt edges don't sit flush because of that indent.

Someone who's done the conversion might be able to take a picture of both airbag assemblies and show us.

GTXgp

Las Colinas (DFW), TX
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS
IIRC, it's the lightning bolt part that sticks out of the ring that's the issue. The Buick airbag indents around the ring, and the lightning bolt edges don't sit flush because of that indent.

Someone who's done the conversion might be able to take a picture of both airbag assemblies and show us.
From what it sounds like, this would sit on top of the buick badge so that shouldn't be an issue. But it isn't going to sit flush so it will not look quite as "factory" as the real deal. Also, I would be worried about adhering it to the wheel since there isn't much flat surface area on the buick badge for this to stick to....

rentonben

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Anybody know if you can pry the Buick badge out first?

laloggia

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-02
They would need to make the Opel badge smaller to fit. Not sure if you can even remove the Buick badge without damaging the airbag. It's probably on there pretty good...last thing anyone wants is the Buick symbol stamped on their forehead if that airbag pops.

cebo0650

Waterloo, ON
Buick Ownership
Buick
They would need to make the Opel badge smaller to fit. Not sure if you can even remove the Buick badge without damaging the airbag. It's probably on there pretty good...last thing anyone wants is the Buick symbol stamped on their forehead if that airbag pops.

I was going to say the same thing. Those emblems need to be on there pretty good so they are not flying around injuring people when the airbag goes off.

rieramr

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I am interested. Has anyone placed an order for the Opel logo for the steering wheel? Please let me know how best to order.

laloggia

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-02
I ended up buying the Opel airbag on eBay Germany. Be careful, not all sellers will ship to the states.

It doesn't appear that the airbag badge is removable.

goobee

Sunny California
Buick Ownership
2011 Opel Insignia CXL T07
I am interested. Has anyone placed an order for the Opel logo for the steering wheel? Please let me know how best to order.

In the first post, I relayed the information from a vendor in Hong Kong who would do a special run for us if there was enough buyers. Given the apparent lack of interest, I did not follow up.

@thlon

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I hope I find someone here.

I want a airbag of a Buick, and I have 2 Opel Airbags brandnew in spare to trade never been used

1 for trading and 1 that I can sell.

So if anyone is interested we can trade, I can first sent mine, then you the person can install it and sent me his airbag, we can work something out, so we are both safe and sure of getting quality products and receiving.

agonza11

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal TourX preferred
I ended up buying the Opel airbag on eBay Germany. Be careful, not all sellers will ship to the states.

It doesn't appear that the airbag badge is removable.
That’s what I did I bought the Vauxhall steering wheel cover and the whole steering wheel

Get your turbo buick badge right here!