Opening trunk on a LaCrosse

rickd

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Is it just me or is there anyone else who thinks it's inconvenient to have to shut the car off, then press the open trunk button on the remote, to get the trunk open? Why didn't Buick simply put a button on the dash or door handle to open the trunk like most other cars have? I've never gotten used to this on my 2010 LaCrosse.

tkarrde81

Detroit
Buick Ownership
Buick Park Ave Ultra...soon 2011 LaCrosse!
You don't have to turn the car off to open the trunk, just shifted into park. I've shifted it into park and had a friend go to the back to open it. I agree, I do miss having a separate button in-car.

My problem is that in quite a few instances, when I've given a friend a ride and they have things in the trunk, they don't know where to press to lift the lid. So I inevitably have to jump out of the car and walk around to show them. Would be nice to have in-car button.

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 Lacrosse CXS, 2007 Corvette Coupe, 2018 Cadillac ATS
I hate not having the trunk release button in the car but once the car is unlocked anyone can press the trunk opening button on the trunk to open it.

Or you can press the trunk release on the remote when the car is in park. It is a pain not having it though. Guess they ran out of button space on the center console, or a button would have driven the price up another $0.50! :)

Toronto, ON
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2015 Infiniti Q50 AWD Sport Hybrid
At first, I found it puzzling not to have an interior trunk release button but I've gotten used to it. The only thing I have to do is tell people is tha there is a pressure pad which needs to be pressed to open it and everyone's gotten it so far.

Small inconvenience and one I can live with.

Godzson

Aurora, IL
Buick Ownership
Buick
I think the press pad release on the trunk is a pretty cool feature when it works on the first try :rolleyes:

I guess they left out the button inside of the car on purpose to force people to use the "feature" lol

shoman90

Buick Ownership
Buick
While thew last many vehicles we've had did open from inside the car....I don't find this an inconvenience at all. The pad works just fine. I use the pad much more than the fob.

Thehatguy

Dallas, TX
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick LaCrosse CXS
X marks the spot.

The arm falls right to this spot. Out of sight and out
of the way from getting bumped.

I'll post some pics when I get the switch installed
and wired.

Sorry about the dirty floor mats.

John

92sub

Motor City
Buick Ownership
87GN (gone), 2011 CXS (gone), 98 Regal GS
I'd test that circuit and make sure it won't do anything stupid like function while the car is in Drive or moving before you cut your hole!
Since this is the keypad circuit, they may not have put in the necessary software controls for inhibiting trunk function while driving down the road (because who could depress the keypad while the car is moving?)
I thought about this same concept but I was going to put the switch inside the left-of-column storage bin (to reduce unintended activation). After awhile though it became less and less required to either of us. Still want to mount a 12v power outlet up front and do something about that too-low-to-the-floor 120V outlet.

InfiniteImp

Toronto, ON
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2015 Infiniti Q50 AWD Sport Hybrid
X marks the spot.

The arm falls right to this spot. Out of sight and out
of the way from getting bumped.

I'll post some pics when I get the switch installed
and wired.
If this ends up working as you plan, please post as much detail as you can. Sounds like a worthwhile and fun mod.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.