Opti timešŸ˜µ

danadalaw1978

Ironton,(southern)OHIO
Buick Ownership
'96 Roadmaster Collector's Edition
Hey everybody, it's been awhile. My RMS has almost 150k now and I think the factory Opti is going out. I've noticed it doesn't have the same power it did and it's not acting right when I get on it. I know there's a million different posts about opti's, and I've read a LOT of them. And I still don't know which Opti to buy. As soon as I get my tax return I want to get a new one. I just need to figure out what brand to get and where to get it. I don't want to spend $550 on an MSD, but I also don't want to have to do it again. Ever. So I don't want to get a cheap knockoff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Adam

danadalaw1978

Ironton,(southern)OHIO
Buick Ownership
'96 Roadmaster Collector's Edition
Look at Rockauto, the most expensive one is $142
I've searched everywhere, including there. There are prices all over the net ranging from around $50-550. I'm trying to find out which brand is built properly with the proper components. There are way too many horror stories about getting junk Opti's and I don't want to be the next one. I don't want to spend all that time and money pulling the front of the engine apart just to have to do it all over again to replace a faulty new part. I only want to do this once. If it was a normal distributor I'd just grab whatever I can afford and roll the dice. But the Opti is far from a regular distributor and I don't have the time or money to do it more than once.
Thanks, Adam

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
You may want to check the Corvette and Chevy forums. There's some stuff about cap colors, GM oem parts out of Mexico, etc that probably match with your horror stories. Corvette folks seem to be brutal if it's crap or honest if it's good. I checked them out on brakes and pads I was looking at, they said they were good and after installation for a few years no problems. Just another option.

WallyWalrus

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal GS
Lol I jus replied on another opti question. MSD is nice, I have full MSD setup on 2 LT cars. No issues except when I lost a water pump.... so I have no complaints. The 6A box and wires, opti, all work great. Check into Skip White optis too.... they are cheap and have great reviews if you canā€™t afford the MSD setup

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.