• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Outside air temperature

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence
Anyone's temperature start reading funny? Mine went from 81° to 29° within my drive today. Everything is set to the proper units.
29C is 84F if it's messing that up behind the scenes (even if you have it set right).

Otherwise maybe your sensor is bad?

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I had that happen once. I played with the settings then did a stop engine and restart that put it back to normal.

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence April 2018 Build Date
I just wish the outside air temperature could be displayed on the DIC next to the time.
I got spoiled with my 2003 Passat which showed the outside temperature on the DIC as well as on the "Climatronic" climate control display.
I use CarPlay frequently and there is no temperature display with that screen up on the infotainment system.
Come on, GM programmers - how hard could it be to add outside temperature to the DIC?!?

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Illini country, surrounded by bean fields
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
I just wish the outside air temperature could be displayed on the DIC next to the time.
I got spoiled with my 2003 Passat which showed the outside temperature on the DIC as well as on the "Climatronic" climate control display.
I use CarPlay frequently and there is no temperature display with that screen up on the infotainment system.
Come on, GM programmers - how hard could it be to add outside temperature to the DIC?!?
I am in the process of downloading android studio and looking to see what vehicular telemetry apps have access to. Although the DIC shows a bunch of info when you cycle through the menus, I’d really like to develop something that shows it all on one screen on in the infotainment screen. I just retired from the tech industry last week, so stay tuned…when I make any progress at all, I’ll be sure to post pics here.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Not with our smaller DIC display on the dash.
I have seen it on the XT4 with the larger display.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Not with our smaller DIC display on the dash.
I have seen it on the XT4 with the larger display.
Temp doesn't display on the larger GS cluster either.

jdoodle

Sustaining Member
Texas
Buick Ownership
2018 regal tourx
Haven't had mine jump like yours did but have had it "stick" on a temp for maybe 10 minutes before registering correct temp. 2018 TourX Preferred red needle.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Haven't had mine jump like yours did but have had it "stick" on a temp for maybe 10 minutes before registering correct temp. 2018 TourX Preferred red needle.
I’ve had mine do that sometimes.
(2018 White Needle).

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Essence
I am in the process of downloading android studio and looking to see what vehicular telemetry apps have access to. Although the DIC shows a bunch of info when you cycle through the menus, I’d really like to develop something that shows it all on one screen on in the infotainment screen. I just retired from the tech industry last week, so stay tuned…when I make any progress at all, I’ll be sure to post pics here.
Ultimately, I’d like to learn how to get into the 2.5 and 3.0 HMI’s like what you and other “white needles” have, but I’m gonna have to learn how to hack a 2.0 HMI first. There are countless companies offering HMI unlock services, feature upgrades, add-on’s, gauge cluster mods, etc., but they’re not going to disclose how they get into the HMI’s.

I found the following thread over on the MHH Auto Forum and it appears to provide info on how to get into the HMI’s.

I haven’t started digging into it yet and I’m gonna have to sign up to get access to a lot of the content. It would be nice if I could get a couple of other people to join me and let’s see how far we can get. We start with the thread I posted above and follow the rabbit hole wherever it leads. I’ve got time almost every evening during the week.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
I have had my infotainment decide to use Celsius once. What's funny is the lower HVAC controls still read in Fahrenheit:
IMG_20200702_000657__01.jpg
"Psst! Your inner German is showing"

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Buick Ownership
I have had my infotainment decide to use Celsius once. What's funny is the lower HVAC controls still read in Fahrenheit:
View attachment 33140
"Psst! Your inner German is showing"
Damn! That interface looks so much better than mine. I love the fonts! At the very least, GM should have allowed for third-party theme development on our HMI’s. Interface design is my favorite type of graphic design projects.

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Illini country, surrounded by bean fields
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
Damn! That interface looks so much better than mine. I love the fonts! At the very least, GM should have allowed for third-party theme development on our HMI’s. Interface design is my favorite type of graphic design projects.
Does that imply you have the red needle dash and the older UI? My climate control screen looks like this and I have a white needle dash around my DIC

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Baton Rouge, LA
Buick Ownership
Does that imply you have the red needle dash and the older UI? My climate control screen looks like this and I have a white needle dash around my DIC
Whatever you have around your DIC is your business, but yes, I have a red needle.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners