• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Outside Temperature Display in DIC

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence April 2018 Build Date
Just in case anyone from GM reads this forum (ha ha), it would be great if the outside temperature could be displayed in the DIC next to the time display. Yes - I do know that outside temperature is displayed on the infotainment screen but not when Apple CarPlay is being used. I think it would be much more useful to display outside temperature in the DIC. I watched a YouTube video review of the new Buick Envision and saw the outside temperature displayed in the DIC. Do I hear a second?!?

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
...it would be great if the outside temperature could be displayed in the DIC next to the time display
Those of us with the GS cluster: Wait, you guys have time displayed in the DIC?

Our uplevel clusters aren't "uplevel" in every way. Since we are required to look at the infotainment screen for the time, I understand your point. It would be nice to have more info in the DIC.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Is that info from Android Auto or from the car?
Probably from Android Auto (google's weather - that seems to be weather.com) which means it's likely more representative of local temps than what the car is reporting. The car's exterior temp sensor could be affected by so many things depending on where it's mounted.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Those of us with the GS cluster: Wait, you guys have time displayed in the DIC?

Our uplevel clusters aren't "uplevel" in every way. Since we are required to look at the infotainment screen for the time, I understand your point. It would be nice to have more info in the DIC.
Yes, we do have the clock displayed in the DIC.
The grass is greener on the other side, mate. :p

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Opel Insignia Country Tourer with Buick steering wheel, HMI and floor mats
Yes, we do have the clock displayed in the DIC.
The grass is greener on the other side, mate. :p
Wait a minute. White needle have clock on the cluster?

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Wait a minute. White needle have clock on the cluster?

Yes, there is an option to turn that on.
It is displayed in the DIC.
Just to reiterate @Uniqez, only the non-GS white cluster has this capability. My white needle GS cluster does not display the time so you're not really missing out after upgrading your cluster.

Just for kicks then, which clusters are capable of displaying the time in the DIC?

Red (UDC 3.5" Monochrome) - No​
Red (UDD 4.2" Multicolor) - No​
Red (GS 8" Multicolor)- No​
White (UDD 4.2" Multicolor)- Yes​
White (GS 8" Multicolor) - No​

Last edited:

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
Just to reiterate @Uniqez, only the non-GS white cluster has this capability. My white needle GS cluster does not display the time so you're not really missing out after upgrading your cluster.

Just for kicks then, which clusters are capable of displaying the time in the DIC?

Red (UDC 3.5" Monochrome) - ?​
Red (UDD 4.2" Multicolor) - ?​
Red multicolor-No. I doubt that red monochrome would have it either. So only one type of clusters do have a clock( this is what it looks like anyway).

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX

Red (UDC 3.5" Monochrome) - No​
Red (UDD 4.2" Multicolor) - No​
I'd add for
White UDD 4.2" compass - Yes
White GS 8" compass - No

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Awesome, @saab93driver & @Uniqez! Just to throw this all together and provide a bit more info...

Compass in DIC?

Red (UDC 3.5" Monochrome) - Yes
Red (UDD 4.2" Multicolor) - Yes
Red (GS 8" Multicolor)- Yes
White (UDD 4.2" Multicolor)- No, but also yes*
White (GS 8" Multicolor) - Yes

*The compass is not shown on the bottom left in ALL menu screens like it is in the other gauges. It can be displayed in the navigation menu as well as the HUD. So, yes, it's there, it's just not visible unless the DIC or HUD are on the navigation display. Depends on how technical ya wanna get. IMG_20210312_121951.jpg

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Awesome, @saab93driver & @Uniqez! Just to throw this all together and provide a bit more info...

Compass in DIC?

Red (UDC 3.5" Monochrome) - Yes
Red (UDD 4.2" Multicolor) - Yes
Red (GS 8" Multicolor)- Yes
White (UDD 4.2" Multicolor)- No, but also yes*
White (GS 8" Multicolor) - Yes

*The compass is not shown on the bottom left in ALL menu screens like it is in the other gauges. It can be displayed in the navigation menu as well as the HUD. So, yes, it's there, it's just not visible unless the DIC or HUD are on the navigation display. Depends on how technical ya wanna get. View attachment 29112
I know it can do that but it is using up a screen to do it so I don't really count that. And when you are using navigation with a destination it doesn't show the compass either, it shows the turn by turn instruction.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
While we are at it...

White UDD 4.2" "green gear" - Yes
White GS 8" "green gear" - No
I could never get it to display. I did few sharp corners at speed where it was almost started to lose grip - but no green gear.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I could never get it to display. I did few sharp corners at speed where it was almost started to lose grip - but no green gear.
I got it to display many times with the original 4.2" cluster. When I switched to the GS cluster it doesn't come up, I don't think it has the icon anywhere.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS

I got it to display many times with the original 4.2" cluster. When I switched to the GS cluster it doesn't come up, I don't think it has the icon anywhere.
+1 It has never popped up for me and I have most certainly met the criteria on numerous occasions.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners