• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Outside Temperature Display in DIC

Bill378

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Sportback GS - 1998 Regal GS
Awesome, @saab93driver & @Uniqez! Just to throw this all together and provide a bit more info...

Compass in DIC?

Red (UDC 3.5" Monochrome) - Yes
Red (UDD 4.2" Multicolor) - Yes
Red (GS 8" Multicolor)- Yes
White (UDD 4.2" Multicolor)- No, but also yes*
White (GS 8" Multicolor) - Yes

*The compass is not shown on the bottom left in ALL menu screens like it is in the other gauges. It can be displayed in the navigation menu as well as the HUD. So, yes, it's there, it's just not visible unless the DIC or HUD are on the navigation display. Depends on how technical ya wanna get. View attachment 29112
Jack I've got a question for you about your cluster. I also own a 2019 GS with the white needles, how are you getting the fuel info that's next to the temp and gas tank display. Mine only shows the voltage, did you do some type of modification? I just purchased the car last week, so I'm still getting use to all of the features/options that the car has,

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS

Bill378

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Sportback GS - 1998 Regal GS
Welcome to the Forum Bill! Yes, my cluster has been modified. I sent it out to White Automotive and Media Services (WAMS) to have the features you see in this post enabled: Coding in additional information pages/themes to Guage Cluster

If you're interested in having the service done, here's what you'll need to get you started:
WAMS Website
How To: Instrument Cluster Removal
Another question for you. So I have a white needle cluster, If I request WAMS to supply the cluster, can I request a red needle model or will I have issues when I go to use it on my 2019 model?

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Another question for you. So I have a white needle cluster, If I request WAMS to supply the cluster, can I request a red needle model or will I have issues when I go to use it on my 2019 model?
You can't switch them up. You have to use the cluster that is same as your model year. WAMS will ask for your VIN so you get the correct cluster.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
You can't switch them up. You have to use the cluster that is same as your model year.
^That's what I was thinking too. It appears that the WAMS order form allows you to select a 2019 MY vehicle and a 2018 cluster (might just be a fluke). However, a FAQ on the order page seems to contradict that:

Q: Does it HAVE to be the same model year of cluster as my Regal?​
A: If you wish to have 100% OEM functionality AND retain your factory or factory backed extended warranty you MUST use the same model year cluster as your Regal; the ONLY exception to this is if you have had us do the proper Car Play/Android Auto retrofit programming using modules on our supported list. Then and only then may you use a 2016 part number (PENDING FINAL TESTING!). If you are out of warranty and understand the potential downside(s) and still want to use a mismatched cluster you will need to agree to that when choosing your configuration above. Please contact us prior to ordering so we can confirm which cluster you are looking at and your build to see what issues (if any) you may run into. You also CANNOT mix the different 2018 applications at all; it must be correct for your infotainment.

I'd recommend reaching out to WAMS through the Contact Us link if you want more info. Also, with the red needle clusters, the configurable pocket gauges are not an option. Only the white needle clusters have that capability, FWIW.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
^That's what I was thinking too. It appears that the WAMS order form allows you to select a 2019 MY vehicle and a 2018 cluster (might just be a fluke). However, a FAQ on the order page seems to contradict that:

Q: Does it HAVE to be the same model year of cluster as my Regal?​
A: If you wish to have 100% OEM functionality AND retain your factory or factory backed extended warranty you MUST use the same model year cluster as your Regal; the ONLY exception to this is if you have had us do the proper Car Play/Android Auto retrofit programming using modules on our supported list. Then and only then may you use a 2016 part number (PENDING FINAL TESTING!). If you are out of warranty and understand the potential downside(s) and still want to use a mismatched cluster you will need to agree to that when choosing your configuration above. Please contact us prior to ordering so we can confirm which cluster you are looking at and your build to see what issues (if any) you may run into. You also CANNOT mix the different 2018 applications at all; it must be correct for your infotainment.

I'd recommend reaching out to WAMS through the Contact Us link if you want more info. Also, with the red needle clusters, the configurable pocket gauges are not an option. Only the white needle clusters have that capability, FWIW.
There was a mid year change to white needles which is still a model year 2018 but people refer to it as 2018.5. The VIN will tell them what they need to know.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
There was a mid year change to white needles which is still a model year 2018 but people refer to it as 2018.5. The VIN will tell them what they need to know.
Right, I was just referencing the fact that the older IO5/I06 (pre 2018.5) option is selectable even with a 2019 MY VIN chosen. Again, probably just an oversight on the web page and the VIN will determine what's needed at the end of the day, like you said. Being able to add the IO5/IO6 to the cart for a 2019 may cause some confusion for anyone that's not as familiar with the cluster nuances as we are.

1623426748690.png

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Opel Insignia Country Tourer with Buick steering wheel, HMI and floor mats
There are always options. If you don't like white needles for appearance point of view, you could do mix and match and install red needles to white needles cluster and change the theme. But going from older cluster to newer is close to impossible. They are different architecture. SmartSelect_20210611-123735_Gallery.jpg
Here is an example.

RTF

Welcome to the Forum Bill! Yes, my cluster has been modified. I sent it out to White Automotive and Media Services (WAMS) to have the features you see in this post enabled: Coding in additional information pages/themes to Guage Cluster

If you're interested in having the service done, here's what you'll need to get you started:
WAMS Website
How To: Instrument Cluster Removal

Jack, is the center NAV screen a result of the cluster modification as well? I would love to get rid of the traditional speedo and just have the speed displayed in digital format, looks great.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Jack, is the center NAV screen a result of the cluster modification as well?
This depends on which cluster we're talking about...

Red
Yes, as @Uniqez has shared previously in the other thread, the WAMS cluster enables the embedded map to be displayed in the digital portion of the DIC. See this post: Coding in additional information pages/themes to Guage Cluster

White
No, the white cluster cannot display the embedded map as shown in the post above, with or without the WAMS upgrade. Instead, it displays turn-by-turn directions.

I would love to get rid of the traditional speedo and just have the speed displayed in digital format, looks great.
The digital speedo can be displayed with either cluster. In the settings, there are two options, Sport and Touring. Sport is the round analog speedo. Touring is the digital readout at the top.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners