Over the air Navigation Update

William Poggi III

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I want to connect my 2015 encore to my phones hotspot so I can update my software, but can't find the place in the car to see my phones hotspot and where to join the network.

Please advise.
Thank you

William Poggi III

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Do you mean the vehicle software?
You cannt update it through your phone.
Yes to update my software and navigation. I want to use connect my encore to my hotspot on my phone. I do not have the 4glte option on the encore. Buick/gmc says it can be done.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Where does it say that applies to a 2015 vehicle?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Ok, look in your 2015 owners and Intellilink manuals and then look in the 2020 manuals. Good luck.

Again

Magnetic Hill, New-Brunswick, Canada
Buick Ownership
2016 Encore
You can only update the 2015 Navigation via USB port. No other option on their site, you pay and they send you a USB key. No use updating now, last version is 2018 and are sold out, you will have to wait for 2020 version.

mshultz

Buick Ownership
2019 Encore Essence AWD
The 2021 update for my 2019 Encore was on sale for $106.50, including tax and free 2 day FedEx shipping. I took advantage of the sale and bought the upgrade. It installed without issues.

mitchflorida

South Florida
Buick Ownership
2016 Summit White Regal, Premium II, Moonroof, Driver Confidence Package
Is there anyone who thinks GM Navigation is better than Android Auto Google Maps?

I haven't used the GM version at all since I use my smartphone for navi. And of course map updates are free. My guess is GM will discontinue its own exclusive Navigation system in the near future.

William Poggi III

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Not bad, still should be free.
So now that you paid that will you get your future updates free?

How did you find out about the sale and is it truly attached to your vin?
The 2021 update for my 2019 Encore was on sale for $106.50, including tax and free 2 day FedEx shipping. I took advantage of the sale and bought the upgrade. It installed without issues.
le

Get your turbo buick badge right here!