• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Overheating

Rhern080

Buick Ownership
Enclave
I have a 2010 Buick enclave cxl and the temp raises to 230-240 degrees when I go uphill. Transmission starts to stick and will not shift property when it starts to overheat. I've personally changed the water pump, radiator, radiator cap, cooling fan, thermostat, coolant temp sensor, and radiator hoses. I've done a block test and refilled radiator with vacuum system. Dealership can't figure it out. Could it be a transmission problem causing the engine to overheat?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
when you are seeing these high temperatures, is the engine fan running?
does a check engine light come on when this happens?

Rhern080

Buick Ownership
Enclave
The fan does turn on but no check engine light or transmission check light. I'm thinking it could be an electrical issue?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
has the dealership been able to duplicate the problem?

Rhern080

Buick Ownership
Enclave
I got the car back from the dealership a few days ago and this problem seems to be a little better. They changed a fuse out for the cooling fan because it wasn't able to operate at low and medium speeds. The temperature fluctuates slightly above 2:10, the fans will turn on, and the temple go back down. It is doing better, but it's not perfect.