Override Passive/automatic Locking?

verano4u

Buick Ownership
2019 Sportback
I can't find the Delay Door lock on the configuration menu in my car, but before you close the drivers door you may want to try the to hold drivers door unlock button down for 3 - 4 seconds or until you hear a beep. This should temporarily disable the auto lock feature until you start your car the next time.

I dunno, but worth a try.

:cheers:

Last edited:

warmpabst

Lake Orion, MI
Buick Ownership
Verano
You are a genius! That works exactly as I hoped!

It does go back to normal locking after the ignition is cycled on/off.
How did you know that? I tried single/double/triple pressing unlock on my way out, but not holding it down.
Thanks a bunch!

verano4u

Buick Ownership
2019 Sportback
You are a genius! That works exactly as I hoped!

It does go back to normal locking after the ignition is cycled on/off.
How did you know that? I tried single/double/triple pressing unlock on my way out, but not holding it down.
Thanks a bunch!

Works like that on a Corvette :D

02903G

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
For some reason my Verano won't auto lock the doors when I walk away. Is there a setting that I should be aware of.

verano4u

Buick Ownership
2019 Sportback
For some reason my Verano won't auto lock the doors when I walk away. Is there a setting that I should be aware of.

I think you need to have the keyless ignition feature(push button start) on your car to have the passive locking, so when you walk away, the car automatically locks (configurable in vehicle settings). I think the passive locking is only available on the 2013 model as I could not find anything about it in the 2012 manual.

I did not get the push button start option in my 2012 Verano so I manually lock my car.

:cheers:

Detroit, USA

Looks like you have some good advice here. Has your concern been resolved? Contact me privately with the last eight of your VIN if you need more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, Buick Customer Service.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!