• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

P0102

The Avenue

Lafayette, IN
Buick Ownership
'01 PAU
Had this pop up this afternoon after taking on a big bump in the road. Couldn't really lay into it without hesitation, so I had to be light on the pedal. Checked the MAF and it looks just fine, but I didn't tear into the wire loom to inspect the wires. The only thing that I noticed was the acceleration throttle cable had hopped out of its groove and was almost into the cruise cable's. Corrected that and cleared the code and on the 15 minute drive from the folk's to my place, it didn't come back on and there was no hesitation when I got on it. I did find the 3 tests for the MAF on here, but I'd like to see the location of the MAF's ground and check that.

The Avenue

Lafayette, IN
Buick Ownership
'01 PAU
Nab some T-pins and I can at least do this with my volt meter. Also, I couldn't find a diagram that shows if the MAF has it's own ground. I'd like to check and make sure that is OK.

fullmonte44

Buick Ownership
Buick
Another way: Unplug the MAF, key on, DVOM positive lead on battery positive, negative lead on ground terminal of MAF connector. If your voltmeter shows battery voltage, then the ground is certainly good.

Pedal Commander