p0131 p0171 p1101 Codes.

JerryMah

2015 Encore
Had the check engine light come on in my 2015 Encore with 151000km. p0131 p0171 p1101 codes came up on the code reader. Looks like the valve cover has a vacuum leak so that has to be replaced however do I need to get the intake manifold replaced also?
I read they are related repairs.
Looks like the non return valve is also missing in the intake manifold.

Again

Magnetic Hill, New-Brunswick, Canada
2016 Encore
You will hear the hissing from the front of the regulator and covering it with your finger will stop it if it's the valve cover. Then you will have to change it.

As for the Intake manifold PCV if you can see it you don't need to touch it. It is bright orange silicone rubber and you can see it with a flashlight, it's inside the intake about 4" down to the right when standing in front. Took this picture with my endoscope. You can't miss it. If you see the orange nib the valve is still there.

But if you ask me....

DTC P0131 HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Sensor 1
DTC P0171 Fuel Trim System Lean
DTC P1101 Intake Air Flow System Performance

These codes lean more towards a dirty air filter. When is the last time you checked it or changed it. Sometimes moles or squirrels will nest in the air box causing these exact codes. Not enough air getting to the throttle body.

Last edited:

JerryMah

2015 Encore
You will hear the hissing from the front of the regulator and covering it with your finger will stop it if it's the valve cover. Then you will have to change it.

As for the Intake manifold PCV if you can see it you don't need to touch it. It is bright orange silicone rubber and you can see it with a flashlight, it's inside the intake about 4" down to the right when standing in front. Took this picture with my endoscope. You can't miss it. If you see the orange nib the valve is still there.

But if you ask me....

DTC P0131 HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Sensor 1
DTC P0171 Fuel Trim System Lean
DTC P1101 Intake Air Flow System Performance

These codes lean more towards a dirty air filter. When is the last time you checked it or changed it. Sometimes moles or squirrels will nest in the air box causing these exact codes. Not enough air getting to the throttle body.
Changed air filter in March. I was going to change the valve cover but now I’m taking it to the dealer on Tuesday to see if the intake manifold needs to be changed also.

Buickman99

1999 Buick Lesabre Custom
Yes! I Have a 1999 Buick Lesabre . It is a great car and love it. I have a code that has came up . P0171 I have replace both O2 Sensors. So I that would help. But It didn't . So I had the Catalytic Converter replaced. So I that would help . But the same code up. Can any One help me with this.
She is a great car . It was handed down be by my Father In-Law. Can any body give ay suggestions please ?

Last edited:

JerryMah

2015 Encore
Well I opened the hood and there was oil everywhere. The tech thought there was a crack in piston. After further inspection the pvc valve was damaged due to excessive crankcase pressure. Turns out the pcv port was carboned over causing high pressure. Both the valve cover and the intake manifold had to be replaced again. So if anyone has a blown valve cover there could be a lot more to repair than the cover.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!