Pa fuel tank help

Thread starter #1

earnies2

Buick Newbie
Boston MA
Buick Ownership
Buick REGAL GS
2001 pa ultra I just put a new pump and sending unit in and the locking tabs are non existent is there any fix for this besides changing the tank that is not available???

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Florida
Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
Are you in need of the locking ring that secures the pump assembly into the tank? Sorry if I did not fully understand your post.

pila80

Sustaining Member
mid michigan
Buick Ownership
Buick park avenue ultra
I replaced my tank. Not sure why you can't get a new one....I did the pump, sending unit, filler pipe, straps, hoses etc. Don't feel alone though,...my sending unit isn't working !! Have to drop the tank again

tb.dxb

Dubai/U.A.E.
Buick Ownership
1996 Park Avenue, Base
I also replaced the tank in my 96 PA along with fuel pump and sender assembly.
Had to replace defective fuel pump about 2 years back and selected Delphi bundle, pump and sender assy. I had no problems with the pump but the sender was very awkward. It worked very sluggish and unreliable, unlike the original unit before. Sometimes I put the tank full, but the dash would show full only after a few miles, sometime not at all.
Now I choose a complete Spectra bundle - tank, straps, pump and sender, and it seems to work well. Hope I didn't make a wrong choice in terms of lasting quality :rolleyes: - I guess time will tell. It's not the most difficult job and I still have the Delphi pump.... :)

Thread starter #9

earnies2

Buick Newbie
Boston MA
Buick Ownership
Buick REGAL GS
All the parts places I call say it's not available even rock auto ig you can get me a part number I would appreciate it it's a 2001 park ave ultra 3.8 supercharged

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
All the parts places I call say it's not available even rock auto ig you can get me a part number I would appreciate it it's a 2001 park ave ultra 3.8 supercharged
Did you ever watch Mc'Gyver? As mentioned, if no part's are available, you will have to improvise, adapt, and overcome all obstacles.

Last edited:

bigsky

5.7L LT1 Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Montana
Buick Ownership
97 PA (salvage 185k), 99 PA (sold 140k-now 150k), 2K PA (sold 120k-now 170k), 03 PAU 167k, 04 PAU
...you can get me a part number I would appreciate it it's a 2001 park ave ultra 3.8 supercharged
For 1998-05 the GM part # is 2574 4826. No difference noted for Base vs Ultra.

I did a quick search; none on ebay but there are a number of parts websites that list the part as being available.

Maybe there is one out there; the part does cross to several models of GM. That would also mean a good chance of getting one out of the salvage yard if need be.

Last edited:
Thread starter #12

earnies2

Buick Newbie
Boston MA
Buick Ownership
Buick REGAL GS

I did a quick search; none on ebay but there are a number of parts websites that list the part as being available.

Maybe there is one out there; the part does cross to several models of GM. That would also mean a good chance of getting one out of the salvage yard if need be.
I'm not a fan of getting a rusty salvage yard tank

tb.dxb

Dubai/U.A.E.
Buick Ownership
1996 Park Avenue, Base
Are you sure about this part number? My parts catalog lists the fuel tank as 2562 5215. I am led to believe that GM called it GM20B. Rockauto has a few manufacturers listed with this part number. Some are out of stock but two available, including the Spectra Kit 0419 that I ordered a couple of months ago.

Thread starter #15

earnies2

Buick Newbie
Boston MA
Buick Ownership
Buick REGAL GS
Are you sure about this part number? My parts catalog lists the fuel tank as 2562 5215. I am led to believe that GM called it GM20B. Rockauto has a few manufacturers listed with this part number. Some are out of stock but two available, including the Spectra Kit 0419 that I ordered a couple of months ago.
Thanks

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
I had one of my engineer friends make me a ring with tabs that I bolted to the tank. I used windshield urethane to seal the ring to the tank. I wish I could tell you that I could get more of these, but I can't. This is the best solution I have seen for this common problem. The ring is stainless steel, so this won't happen again.

IMG_0772.JPG
IMG_0773.JPG

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.