Pa fuel tank help

earnies2

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick REGAL GS
Thread starter #1
2001 pa ultra I just put a new pump and sending unit in and the locking tabs are non existent is there any fix for this besides changing the tank that is not available???

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
Are you in need of the locking ring that secures the pump assembly into the tank? Sorry if I did not fully understand your post.

earnies2

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick REGAL GS
Thread starter #5
had this same problem with a 97 PA Ultra ended up screwing with half inch screws a short length of pipe strapping right across the sending unit and right into the tank which is thick enough to take the screws
Did you use self tapping screws or did you drill first? Isn't that dangerous? Was the tank full or empty?

pila80

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
Buick park avenue ultra
I replaced my tank. Not sure why you can't get a new one....I did the pump, sending unit, filler pipe, straps, hoses etc. Don't feel alone though,...my sending unit isn't working !! Have to drop the tank again

Buick Ownership
Buick Park Avenue, 1996, Base
I also replaced the tank in my 96 PA along with fuel pump and sender assembly.
Had to replace defective fuel pump about 2 years back and selected Delphi bundle, pump and sender assy. I had no problems with the pump but the sender was very awkward. It worked very sluggish and unreliable, unlike the original unit before. Sometimes I put the tank full, but the dash would show full only after a few miles, sometime not at all.
Now I choose a complete Spectra bundle - tank, straps, pump and sender, and it seems to work well. Hope I didn't make a wrong choice in terms of lasting quality :rolleyes: - I guess time will tell. It's not the most difficult job and I still have the Delphi pump.... :)

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.