• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Package Recommendations

pschall

Coming from a high line Audi. What package is worth the money to have? S&S seems 100%. Leather is debatable. Drivers Assistance 1 is debatable. Thoughts? I can go cheap here and be out the door @ 25k with a preferred with S&S only. The other packages are bumping me to $27k. Seems like these can be had easily for 10k under MSRP right now.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I think first you have to pick which trim level you are going with since I think some of the packages are a little different between them. For me I would have rather had cloth seats but I had to have heated seats so Essence was the only option for me. Beyond that I would really recommend you try out the LED headlights, these were a worthy upgrade for me. The driver assistance features I think are poorly done with the exception of the adaptive cruise control.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I got my Essence loaded, no regrets. It is a personal taste thing but I got shale interior, which I was on the fence about but actually after spending time in it I like the contrast between the black and shale surfaces better than the all black interior.

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
Coming from a high line Audi. What package is worth the money to have? S&S seems 100%. Leather is debatable. Drivers Assistance 1 is debatable. Thoughts? I can go cheap here and be out the door @ 25k with a preferred with S&S only. The other packages are bumping me to $27k. Seems like these can be had easily for 10k under MSRP right now.
On the preferred trim, DC1 includes the LED headlights, S&S includes the remote start. In the three months we've owned it, I still haven't driven this thing after dark so I have no idea what the LED headlights are like but everybody seems to think they are well worth the money.

bollox74

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I'm quite smitten with my TourX Essence +D1,D2 - I specifically didn't want the potential problems and extra heat with the Pano roof & navigation can always be handled by a handheld device.

I've got no issue with the standard infotainment and the Essence trim gets the 8" screen + the Bose branded sub in the rear + heated seats & steering wheel + split folding rear seats + auto liftgate options ++++
see here:
Build & Price: 2020 Regal TourX | Buick

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I got my Essence loaded, no regrets. It is a personal taste thing but I got shale interior, which I was on the fence about but actually after spending time in it I like the contrast between the black and shale surfaces better than the all black interior.
I would have gotten the shale but my previous car that had a light interior looked like crap after two years. I had one belt that apparently would transfer dye to the seat and you couldn't remove the marks. I also had one tire shop throw a new tire on the back seat and ended up with a super light tread imprint left behind. Otherwise I like the contrast too...I would have gotten the brown option if available though.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I would have gotten the shale but my previous car that had a light interior looked like crap after two years. I had one belt that apparently would transfer dye to the seat and you couldn't remove the marks. I also had one tire shop throw a new tire on the back seat and ended up with a super light tread imprint left behind. Otherwise I like the contrast too...I would have gotten the brown option if available though.
Yes, I agree, I wish there were more colors offered for the interior. The option list must have been somebody at Buick's Lean project.

RTPH

Does your Audi have adaptive cruise? That is something that I used to think was silly, but now it is hard to imagine going back to "base" cruise control. Unfortunately, that is a DA2 package item.

Foxbat

Michiana
Buick Ownership
2018 Quicksilver Regal Sportback Essence AWD
Is your Audi one with the Quattro drivetrain? If you want/need AWD, that will push you into the Sportback Essence, GS, or TourX versions.

pschall

Is your Audi one with the Quattro drivetrain? If you want/need AWD, that will push you into the Sportback Essence, GS, or TourX versions.
Yes, I've got Quattro. I think I've settled on an Essence. Now I'm just debating if I want to trade this for the Buick.

IMG_20190917_105457392_HDR.jpg

Attachments

kqian111

Did you get your Audi during the big clearance event $15k+ off MSRP? At least that should have taken care of the first year's depreciation somewhat.

pschall

Did you get your Audi during the big clearance event $15k+ off MSRP? At least that should have taken care of the first year's depreciation somewhat.
Good call. Yes, I did. I just met my buddy who owns a dealership, and he is pushing for the trade. Dealer is giving me -11.5 under MSRP on this and 28 on my Audi. I'm taking a hit, but I think I'm getting into a much more reliable vehicle. Love my Audi, and I think I can get it to 200k, but I'm sure I'll spend $5000 - $10,000 to do that. Hoping not so much with the Opick.

kqian111

Good call. Yes, I did. I just met my buddy who owns a dealership, and he is pushing for the trade. Dealer is giving me -11.5 under MSRP on this and 28 on my Audi. I'm taking a hit, but I think I'm getting into a much more reliable vehicle. Love my Audi, and I think I can get it to 200k, but I'm sure I'll spend $5000 - $10,000 to do that. Hoping not so much with the Opick.
Check Carvana and see what similar vintage and mileage A6 is going for on there. I think you can fetch more for it there.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Driver 1 and Sights & Sounds - those should be non-negotiable.

For everyone knocking the Bose, you do get a lot of other stuff in that package that probably should have been standard in the first place. Plus with the Bose I've learned the louder I turn it up the more I like it. :headbang:

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
Growing up I was told I'd turn that S#!t down as I got older, I guess I'm not older yet.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I would keep the Audi. You will always lose on Late Model trades. Feel free to get the Buick. If you're married, it's always nice to have an extra car in the family in case when is out of commission or you just want to change.

Pedal Commander