• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Paint color decoding

bigblockelectra

Buick Ownership
1998 Park Avenue
This is a 1998 park avenue. Attached is a car from cardomain.......this is the same color. According to the code underneath the spare tire cover, I see two different codes. One is the RPO code "27U" which the shop manual says is primary exterior color regal blue metallic. The other code, which I believe is the actual paint code is "BC/CC U 359E"

Everything I find is listed as WA359E, not U359E. I'm assuming this is the same color....it appears to be.

bigblockelectra

Buick Ownership
1998 Park Avenue
Appears to be correct...the have it listed as an Electra color, but it should be the same. I have two areas I would like to touch up, but one is big enough to where it might be better to have the bumper resprayed. The other is just a shopping cart scrape that should be doable with a small brush.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Some shops can color match, not just order paint, which usually has a better appearance. Plastic bumpers seem to always be a little off in color then the body, but you could ask the shop for a little touch up to go. I had a touch up on my Lucerne and the shop matched it and gave me a to go bottle which was a better match than the GM touch up paint, GM paint got tossed.

bigblockelectra

Buick Ownership
1998 Park Avenue
This is the area that was scraped. It's deep enough to where it would be beyond any meaningful touch-up. The top part of the bumper is fairly dull as well---years of water sitting on it and groceries stacked, waiting to be placed into the trunk. The previous owner had the work done on the front bumper which was resprayed and looks great. I wish the rear had been done but they weren't sure if the insurance company would cover all of it since it was two separate incidents.

Pedal Commander