Parking assist notification

billsnogo

2017 Encore Premium
My wife just picked up a very low mile 2017 Encore Premium today and she loves it, BUT we are a little concerned about the front and rear parking beeping. I have watched the videos on youtube about the beeping and that is what we expected, but those are older than 2017. Hers only beeps if you are a foot away, and does not change how fast it beeps as you get closer, pretty slow triple beep. Does anyone else have a 2017+ that has the beeps start farther away and increase as you get closer? I could not find anything in the owners manual.

thanks for any help given :)

poncho167

2019 Essence
My wife just picked up a very low mile 2017 Encore Premium today and she loves it, BUT we are a little concerned about the front and rear parking beeping. I have watched the videos on youtube about the beeping and that is what we expected, but those are older than 2017. Hers only beeps if you are a foot away, and does not change how fast it beeps as you get closer, pretty slow triple beep. Does anyone else have a 2017+ that has the beeps start farther away and increase as you get closer? I could not find anything in the owners manual.

thanks for any help given :)
I have not tested this on my 2019 yet, but according to the manual a beep starts at 8' and then progressively beeps faster at 1' away. Page 190 in my manual. The front acts different and the weather temperature can also make a difference.

billsnogo

2017 Encore Premium
That's what I want, but hers does not beep until only 12" away, and that is way too close to be helpful. Please let me know what yours does after trying it out. thanks!

poncho167

2019 Essence
That's what I want, but hers does not beep until only 12" away, and that is way too close to be helpful. Please let me know what yours does after trying it out. thanks!
I hope you have read the information in the owners manual as that described my experience. Over the weekend I tested out the park assist with a garbage can in the driveway. As noted in the owners manual my speed was under 5 mpg as I started backing up. The system did beep somewhere between 8-10' as I backed up and then rapidly beeped when I approached the 1' foot point. After 1' there is no more beeping until impact. The 12" is the last beep warning given. The front park assist works fine when entering the garage though I don't need it for that. I have not had a situation where I needed the park assist other than the garbage can test.

billsnogo

2017 Encore Premium
Thank you, that is not how mine is working and the service department was trying to tell my wife it is fine. It detects the items, but only the triangle and explation mark show up, and it does not beep until you are 1' away, and it only beeps 3 quick times. Never does as described in the owners manual. Looks like I need to fight the dealership as my wife went back the same day and told them what I had told her and they just got short with her.
Could anyone do a short video of a 2017+ encore doing the beeping? Is it any different than the previous generation?
thanks again

billsnogo

2017 Encore Premium
Yours is an encore, correct? Dealer is refusing to do anything about it.

billsnogo

2017 Encore Premium
Went to two dealers, neither will admit that buick falsly advertised how the system works, seems the encore does not get the beeping like there bigger models. False advertising, so don't think they want to come out and say it.

Turbo Buick Badge