• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Parts Issue due to UAW Strike

sined240

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Anybody's Regal or TourX sidelined at a repair facility or body shop due to UAW Strike causing parts shortage?

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
I am still waiting on a replacement Nav system SD card. My car was shipped from factory without one...or it walked away while on the dealership lot. It was not with the car at vehicle delivery. :mad:

sined240

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Here is mine at the shop, somehow it manages to look sinister and good without the whole front end.

Been about a 3 weeks and still sitting at the shop. Now have to fork out rental out of my pocket until God knows when...

Attachments

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Preferred
Here is mine at the shop, somehow it manages to look sinister and good without the whole front end.

Been about a 3 weeks and still sitting at the shop. Now have to fork out rental out of my pocket until God knows when...
That hurts to look at.. Hopefully it's not sidelined for too long, otherwise your insurance company might total it out because the claim for loss of use might be more than the car is worth. Rob from superspeedersrob just made a video talking about this very subject regarding a hard to get part for a Ferrari:
Relevant part starts at about 43 seconds. Good luck!

sined240

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
That hurts to look at.. Hopefully it's not sidelined for too long, otherwise your insurance company might total it out because the claim for loss of use might be more than the car is worth. Rob from superspeedersrob just made a video talking about this very subject regarding a hard to get part for a Ferrari:
The problem is, I have a maximum on my rental and the blame is on the body shop for disassembling and not being drivable when it was in fact driveable before teardown.
Therefore, they will just wait it out.

Unfortunate...

sined240

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Also in his case, his vehicle is a cash flowing high end rental for his business, mine is registered as a personal vehicle.

mac1wagon

Southeastern Pennsylvania
Buick Ownership
2019 TourX Essence, Ebony Twilight Metallic
I bought my CPO TourX on Aug 10th. The next day, I put it up on my lift to inspect underneath. All looked good except for a drop of transmission oil hanging below the right front CV axle. Took it into the Buick dealership, and they diagnosed a hairline crack in my front differential, using a dye test. I dropped my car off on Sep 3rd. Today is Oct 9th, and my car is still sitting in the parking lot, waiting for the part to arrive. The service people say that the GM strike is preventing parts delivery. My first loaner car was a gray Terrain, then after 12 days, they switched me into a silver Terrain. I drove my TourX for only about a week and a half before it went into storage at the dealership. I had a few weeks away on business trips out of town, so I didn't get to see much of my new car. I think it was black, with a beige interior. I think.

Buick Ownership
I bought my CPO TourX on Aug 10th. The next day, I put it up on my lift to inspect underneath. All looked good except for a drop of transmission oil hanging below the right front CV axle. Took it into the Buick dealership, and they diagnosed a hairline crack in my front differential, using a dye test. I dropped my car off on Sep 3rd. Today is Oct 9th, and my car is still sitting in the parking lot, waiting for the part to arrive. The service people say that the GM strike is preventing parts delivery. My first loaner car was a gray Terrain, then after 12 days, they switched me into a silver Terrain. I drove my TourX for only about a week and a half before it went into storage at the dealership. I had a few weeks away on business trips out of town, so I didn't get to see much of my new car. I think it was black, with a beige interior. I think.
I've had my own nightmares ordering and waiting for parts to arrive. Nothing like either of you, but I had a feeling something was wrong when I was told a simple license plate bracket was out of stock for an indeterminate amount of time. I was going to make a post here asking what was going on, but it looks like this is the culprit... or at least one of them. Good luck to both of you! And don't forget to keep us posted.

sined240

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
That sucks, I really think capitalism is best when the company follows the labor rules but makes decisions on its own behalf. So many people suffering at the hands of the UAW, even employees that are getting dragged along that probably don't want to be a part of the union.

sined240

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I've had my own nightmares ordering and waiting for parts to arrive. Nothing like either of you, but I had a feeling something was wrong when I was told a simple license plate bracket was out of stock for an indeterminate amount of time. I was going to make a post here asking what was going on, but it looks like this is the culprit... or at least one of them. Good luck to both of you! And don't forget to keep us posted.
Ebay has one selling that is in stock.
Ebay has one in stock...
2018 2019 2020 Buick Regal TourX Front Bumper License Plate Mounting Bracket OEM | eBay

Charleetho

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Anybody's Regal or TourX sidelined at a repair facility or body shop due to UAW Strike causing parts shortage?
We are waiting on a replacement hinge and pin on the fuel filler door. The dealer said it was backordered from GM. Parts guy said he could see 3 at another dealer and kind of shrugged his shoulders. I asked " Can you call them and see if they will ship one to you?" He is like, "Oh, that is a good idea." He called and the part should be here soon.

Lessons learned. They have the ability to look at a nationwide inventory. Parts guys are lazy have no clue of customer service. If you are waiting on a part have them search the system.

Question for you guys. Excuse my inexperience. I have not owned a car with a warranty for 25 years. I called service for the warranty issue and they transferred me to parts to order the part. I would think the service dept would just take care of the whole issue and not have the customer source the part. Seems stupid and lousy customer service. Am I wrong?

At the Honda dealer my wife goes to she has a dedicated service writer who takes care of everything.

Buick Ownership
Oh I already took care of that. I just started calling Buick dealerships throughout the country looking for a parts dept that had one in stock, and came across a Texas dealership who shipped one out. At the time not even ebay had a rear bracket. Thanks for looking though!

Buick Ownership
We are waiting on a replacement hinge and pin on the fuel filler door. The dealer said it was backordered from GM. Parts guy said he could see 3 at another dealer and kind of shrugged his shoulders. I asked " Can you call them and see if they will ship one to you?" He is like, "Oh, that is a good idea." He called and the part should be here soon.

Lessons learned. They have the ability to look at a nationwide inventory. Parts guys are lazy have no clue of customer service. If you are waiting on a part have them search the system.

Question for you guys. Excuse my inexperience. I have not owned a car with a warranty for 25 years. I called service for the warranty issue and they transferred me to parts to order the part. I would think the service dept would just take care of the whole issue and not have the customer source the part. Seems stupid and lousy customer service. Am I wrong?

At the Honda dealer my wife goes to she has a dedicated service writer who takes care of everything.
I had a similar experience at my local dealership. The parts guy let me take a picture of the search result for every dealership throughout the nation who had the part I needed on hand. Apparently dealerships post their current status of all the parts they have in stock and regularly sell to each other.

G-671938

Our GS has been in the dealerships service department for 9 weeks and counting. Infotainment screen issues
They are waiting for GM to find them a replacement wiring harness. None available anywhere according to the dealership parts department and Buick customer service. We really Love the car and want it back but not without the screen working so we could control the radio, see the backup camera, and now we are in the defrost season. Buick must need to buy the part from Puegot. Almost thinking about going around GM and seeing if I could have an Opel dealer overseas find one for me because anything GM is doing here is not working.

sined240

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Sounds like the body shop should be paying for the rental then.
It was a double edged sword, the body shop NEEDS to do a teardown to do a proper repair due to possible hidden damage, and UAW going on strike is really not their fault. So didn't want penalize them. Parts are slowly coming in according to them.

Buick Ownership
Our GS has been in the dealerships service department for 9 weeks and counting. Infotainment screen issues
They are waiting for GM to find them a replacement wiring harness. None available anywhere according to the dealership parts department and Buick customer service. We really Love the car and want it back but not without the screen working so we could control the radio, see the backup camera, and now we are in the defrost season. Buick must need to buy the part from Puegot. Almost thinking about going around GM and seeing if I could have an Opel dealer overseas find one for me because anything GM is doing here is not working.
Get the part number and ask your local dealership to search the other Buick dealerships for one in stock. If they won't do that for some reason, just do a nationwide search for Buick dealerships, ask for their parts dept, then ask if they have that part on hand. If that doesn't work, start searching online. When I needed a skid plate, I found it online from one of those gmparts.xxx websites, and it came in straight from Germany with Peugeot branding.
On a similar note, out of curiosity I put my vin in some website that identifies where your car was made, and it told me Germany. I'm guessing ALL the parts for our cars come from there.

Idano

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Get the part number and ask your local dealership to search the other Buick dealerships for one in stock. If they won't do that for some reason, just do a nationwide search for Buick dealerships, ask for their parts dept, then ask if they have that part on hand. If that doesn't work, start searching online. When I needed a skid plate, I found it online from one of those gmparts.xxx websites, and it came in straight from Germany with Peugeot branding.
On a similar note, out of curiosity I put my vin in some website that identifies where your car was made, and it told me Germany. I'm guessing ALL the parts for our cars come from there.
IIRC, approx. 26% of parts from and assembly is in Germany.

Pedal Commander