• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Parts Issue due to UAW Strike

G-112993

Get the part number and ask your local dealership to search the other Buick dealerships for one in stock. If they won't do that for some reason, just do a nationwide search for Buick dealerships, ask for their parts dept, then ask if they have that part on hand. If that doesn't work, start searching online. When I needed a skid plate, I found it online from one of those gmparts.xxx websites, and it came in straight from Germany with Peugeot branding.
On a similar note, out of curiosity I put my vin in some website that identifies where your car was made, and it told me Germany. I'm guessing ALL the parts for our cars come from there.
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes the dealership parts department has done national parts searches for it and have come up empty. IIRC they are supposed to be able to put in the part number and it will come back with quantity and dealership location information. Searches have turned up nothing. Then they said GM was supposed to "send the harness specifications to a vendor to have one specially built". No word on that move yet either. Love the car but can't believe the lack of parts availability.

sined240

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
My sportback has been at the dealer for almost 8 weeks waiting on transmission parts.
Well that's another issue in conjunction with the UAW Strike. It's basically been sitting for a month before even the strike. I'd be raising hell about a buyback.

Blackblur88

Buick Ownership
2018 regal sportback
Well that's another issue in conjunction with the UAW Strike. It's basically been sitting for a month before even the strike. I'd be raising hell about a buyback.
I have been. I filed legal action with BBB autoline just waiting to hear back. I love the car but this is just ridiculous.

Gracie615

I just had my new windshield installed yesterday, now that the strikes have been over and the dealership was able to get it.
Glad to hear it! We have been waiting now 11 weeks for a new dashboard harness for our car which is just sitting on the dealers lot. We just talked with Buick customer care this morning and they keep saying its "in transit". They were saying that before the strike IIRC. LOL..

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Glad to hear it! We have been waiting now 11 weeks for a new dashboard harness for our car which is just sitting on the dealers lot. We just talked with Buick customer care this morning and they keep saying its "in transit". They were saying that before the strike IIRC. LOL..

Sorry to hear, that would suck! Is it InOp without the harness you're waiting for?

1500cc

Ontario
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I just had my new windshield installed yesterday, now that the strikes have been over and the dealership was able to get it.

There were no aftermarket windshields available? I was able to get one for my G8 GT way back when, which I would think is just as rare as these cars are.

Gracie615

Sorry to hear, that would suck! Is it InOp without the harness you're waiting for?

The car runs and we could have driven it, but when the screen goes black, we have no access to the defrost or heater since the climate control system is only operable from the screen. This time of year we need to have the access. The backup camera is also gone when the screen blacks out.

Gracie615

I have been. I filed legal action with BBB autoline just waiting to hear back. I love the car but this is just ridiculous.
We have also decided to file with the BBB. I don't want to but the car has been sitting at the dealership for almost 12 weeks now. Buick customer service keeps blaming the strike. Well the strike started around Sept 15th and our GS went in the 3rd week in August and they couldn't get the part then. It's really sad it has to come to this. We enjoy and love the car but did not buy it to have it sit around for weeks waiting and waiting on parts. Unless the parts support situation improves with these Regals and Tour-Xs, ( just my opinion here) ..make sure you also get a good extended warranty that will give you a loaner for as long as your car is off the road waiting on parts.

G-238445

We have been waiting on a fuel door latch for about 6 weeks now. I called the dealer and they are so vague. "We may see it in a couple weeks" "When and if it shows up we will robo call you". Is this normal in the car world? When dealing with airbag recalls on my Ford I got the some sort of vague commitments for those parts and repairs. I do not feel like they are at all concerned about customer service.

I never really dealt with auto dealers much in my 40 years of driving. (Always buy used and use independant shops)

I have dealt with a several Honda and BMW motorcycle dealers and when doing a warranty repair I always got a firm commitment, "It will be here on this X day and you will have your bike back on Y day". response.

Regal11

Manchester, NH
Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal Sportback Avenir
Its so disheartening to read that parts shortages were an issue before COVID. I'm waiting on a new seatbelt. Discovered the Regal had a trunk leak about three weeks after I bought it. Needed to have the rear seat pad replaced as well as one of the rear seat belts (39224932). The part was ordered April 15 and there is no inventory in the US. I've even escalated with GM directly and have had a frustrating experience. They blame COVID, which I am certainly understanding, but can't offer me any timeline when or if they can get the part.

Tdwpgtp

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Our GS has been in the dealerships service department for 9 weeks and counting. Infotainment screen issues
They are waiting for GM to find them a replacement wiring harness. None available anywhere according to the dealership parts department and Buick customer service. We really Love the car and want it back but not without the screen working so we could control the radio, see the backup camera, and now we are in the defrost season. Buick must need to buy the part from Puegot. Almost thinking about going around GM and seeing if I could have an Opel dealer overseas find one for me because anything GM is doing here is not working.

Our Tourx has been in the shop 4 times for infotainment and rearview camera issues, and this most recent time it went in on January 22nd of 2020. 7 months later, we still don't have the car. We filed a lemon law case in February, I believe, as it met way more than the minimum criteria. GM is so terrible that they don't even have legal teams handling the cases right now, so we have no replacement parts and no response from GM's lawyers. We love the car, and there is nothing in our budget that would fill that hole, but I just refuse to live with a vehicle that has no manufacturer support.

Gracie615

Our Tourx has been in the shop 4 times for infotainment and rearview camera issues, and this most recent time it went in on January 22nd of 2020. 7 months later, we still don't have the car. We filed a lemon law case in February, I believe, as it met way more than the minimum criteria. GM is so terrible that they don't even have legal teams handling the cases right now, so we have no replacement parts and no response from GM's lawyers. We love the car, and there is nothing in our budget that would fill that hole, but I just refuse to live with a vehicle that has no manufacturer support.

Gracie615

If you filed your Lemon Law claim in February it should of been settled way before now. I know we live in different states, but when we made the hard decision to file on ours last year we made the intial claim in late October with the Better Buisness Bureau and within a week they had set up the claim with GM. A few weeks later we had the response from GM Repurchasing and then an offer. With ours GM had 60 days to settle. We accepted GM's offer and the selling dealership received the buy back papers and our check just a few days before the 60 days were up. I would go back and find out who dropped the ball.

I

Regal11

Manchester, NH
Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal Sportback Avenir
Its stories like this that really concern me about the Regal Sportback/ TourX. I reached out to an Opel dealership and Opel has the part I need (seat belt) but GM can't for some reason. I fear that GM is no longer providing parts support since Opel was sold off in 2017. I love my Regal but if the car is brand new and can't get parts its only going to get worse as these vehicles age.

Gracie615

Its stories like this that really concern me about the Regal Sportback/ TourX. I reached out to an Opel dealership and Opel has the part I need (seat belt) but GM can't for some reason. I fear that GM is no longer providing parts support since Opel was sold off in 2017. I love my Regal but if the car is brand new and can't get parts its only going to get worse as these vehicles age.

Yes exactly!
I think it is so sad. I really think Buick only exists for the Chinese market now. Even though I do not look at it very often the GM Authority website will show up on my Google home page. When I click on it and see a nice cool Buick sedan it will usually be something that is being built only for the Chinese market. Not for us here in the 'states. Granted this has nothing to do with the parts availability for TourX or Regals. But to me it seems like Buick in America is slowly turning into Oldsmobile, and eventually Pontiac.
As far as the parts availability they probably have someone sitting deep in an office in Detroit's GM tower, slowly cranking out Purchase Orders for each and every part to Puegot. Who fills them and when they have enough parts orders they send them all over in a container on a boat. Just my opinion.

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
I bought a low mileage 2018 GS two months ago. This morning a young woman plowed into me and did significant damage to the right front quarter. The car has been towed to the body shop and her insurance company has started a claim.
I plan to press the body shop and her insurance company to total the vehicle as I fear it might take months to get things right.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Yes exactly!
I think it is so sad. I really think Buick only exists for the Chinese market now. Even though I do not look at it very often the GM Authority website will show up on my Google home page. When I click on it and see a nice cool Buick sedan it will usually be something that is being built only for the Chinese market. Not for us here in the 'states. Granted this has nothing to do with the parts availability for TourX or Regals. But to me it seems like Buick in America is slowly turning into Oldsmobile, and eventually Pontiac.
As far as the parts availability they probably have someone sitting deep in an office in Detroit's GM tower, slowly cranking out Purchase Orders for each and every part to Puegot. Who fills them and when they have enough parts orders they send them all over in a container on a boat. Just my opinion.
Ask them to write a PO for a Peugeot 508 wagon... :driving:

Get your turbo buick badge right here!