• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Parts issues are resolved

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
Two weeks ago a driver who wanted to make a left turn failed to notice that my car was in her way. There was significant damage to the right front.
The body shop and my Buick dealer, Paul Masse South in Wakefield RI have a tight relationship and every part ordered for the body repairs arrived in less than one week.
GM has resolved parts issues and all parts for the 2018-20 Regal GS are in stock in the USA.
Good news! 597B1A97-F364-4DA6-91FB-D5DDB71ADB8E.jpeg

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Sorry to hear about the damage but glad to hear you are ok and that parts may becoming more available.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Bummer @shs92645 :( Hopefully it's buttoned up in no time.

Just to add to the topic, I finally had the lower control arm service done. The new parts were delivered the day after they were ordered. I won't assume we're out of the woods yet, but we might be getting closer!

Tdwpgtp

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Two weeks ago a driver who wanted to make a left turn failed to notice that my car was in her way. There was significant damage to the right front.
The body shop and my Buick dealer, Paul Masse South in Wakefield RI have a tight relationship and every part ordered for the body repairs arrived in less than one week.
GM has resolved parts issues and all parts for the 2018-20 Regal GS are in stock in the USA.
Good news! View attachment 24997

When you say "all parts" do you actually mean ALL parts? We have been waiting for 7 months for a new infotainment system...

Tdwpgtp

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Good news! View attachment 24997
When you say "all parts", do you actually mean ALL parts, or just body parts? We have been waiting for 7 months for an infotainment system for our tourx..

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
When you say "all parts", do you actually mean ALL parts, or just body parts? We have been waiting for 7 months for an infotainment system for our tourx..
When you say infotainment system, do you mean the screen or the actual HW that runs it?
The HW is common among other multiple different vehicles (SW is different).

Tdwpgtp

Buick Ownership
Tourx
When you say infotainment system, do you mean the screen or the actual HW that runs it?

I believe it is the hardware that controls it, but I don't know if that is contained in the screen module or not. I haven't found a diagram online and the guy I talked to at the dealer was clueless. Are the computer and the screen separate units for sure?

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Yes that true. My dealer had replacement unit in 3 days earlier this year.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I believe it is the hardware that controls it, but I don't know if that is contained in the screen module or not. I haven't found a diagram online and the guy I talked to at the dealer was clueless. Are the computer and the screen separate units for sure?
1597801754447.png
Not sure which model year is your wagon.
I used a 2019 Essence to search, the control unit is separate from the screen.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
View attachment 25041
They didn't replace my screen, the unit they replaced the service writer said it only took about 30 minutes to do. Programing/updating was the time consuming part, according to the dealer.

Tdwpgtp

Buick Ownership
Tourx
View attachment 25041
[/URL][/URL]

I'm assuming this is the part that I need..

Edit: nevermind, that is for onstar. Is the main system control contained within the "receiver"? Or is that strictly the radio? I'll have to talk to the dealer and see if they can reprogram a used one from another car if that is the correct part

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200818-221027_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200818-221027_Samsung Internet.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I'm assuming this is the part that I need..

Edit: nevermind, that is for onstar. Is the main system control contained within the "receiver"? Or is that strictly the radio? I'll have to talk to the dealer and see if they can reprogram a used one from another car if that is the correct part
If you have a 2018.5 or later with the 7-inch display, then it is #5 in the diagram I showed.
The 8 inch one looks different.
Meanwhile, the early build 2018 are totally different animals, both the 7 inch and 8 inch.

Red Regal GS

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
I've been waiting since May 10th for all the parts to replace the lower control arms. I called the dealer yesterday to get a status update and they said they are still waiting on three bolts to show up. The other parts took a few months to arrive and have been sitting in the parts department.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I've been waiting since May 10th for all the parts to replace the lower control arms. I called the dealer yesterday to get a status update and they said they are still waiting on three bolts to show up. The other parts took a few months to arrive and have been sitting in the parts department.
Bolts???
WTF??
They are specifically shaped?? I mean, come on...

Regal11

Manchester, NH
Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal Sportback Avenir
I'l glad to hear that some parts are starting to come in. I'm still waiting on a seatbelt (waiting since April)

Red Regal GS

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
Bolts???
WTF??
They are specifically shaped?? I mean, come on...
That's exactly what I said to the service writer. He says they have to use the exact part numbers listed on the TSB to perform the repairs. Looks like they have 8 bolts listed on the bulletin.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
That's exactly what I said to the service writer. He says they have to use the exact part numbers listed on the TSB to perform the repairs. Looks like they have 8 bolts listed on the bulletin.
That has got to be a bad joke...
The bolts should be common...

Get your turbo buick badge right here!