Passenger air filter

Rockyrr

Buick Ownership
Casacada566
I have a 2017 Cascada. The manual refers to a passenger air filter that's replaceable. Where is it and how do you change it?

Thanks,
Rocky

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
You change it at 22,500 miles or 2 years which ever comes first and it appears to be a highly guarded secret as to where and how. Typically they are behind the glove box but cannt find the instructions anywhere.

Curler55

Buick Ownership
Cascada
I read the file and removed the 4 screws shown but the glovebox would not move on my 2016 Cascade. Has anyone tried replacing the cabin filter themselves?

Richard Morgan

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Cascada
I have a 2017 Cascada. The manual refers to a passenger air filter that's replaceable. Where is it and how do you change it?

Thanks,
Rocky
It’s behind the glove box. You have to remove the air bag the tight side panel and the glove box to access the filter compartment. The process isn’t easy. About 15 screws to remove.

JoeBo

Buick Ownership
Cascada
I removed the air bag and the four bolts holding the glove box frame and it still will not come lose. There is one bold under the right hinge that I'm trying to remove and it seems to be looser but still does not want to come out. Does the air bag tray come out with the glove box?

JoeBo

Buick Ownership
Cascada
If anyone is still having this issue the manual left our one step. Once you remove the passenger knee air bag then you must remove the three screws from the tray where the air bag was mounted. I used a TORX 10H which seemed like a really small bit for such a large head screw. After that you remove the four screws on the glove box frame and the glove box come out with ease.