Passengers side heated seat turns off after one minute. Drivers side fine. Why?

oldteach

Buick Ownership
Buick
I have owned my 2010 Buick Lacrosse 2 1/2 months now . The passengers side heated seat worked fine at first, but now it shuts down after one minute. It does start to heat up for that minute, though. The drivers side works fine. Has anyone else had this happen, and what part needs to be replaced to fix this problem? Will it take much disassembly (dash, etc.) to fix it? Thanking you in advance for any information you might share.

Had a similar issue with a Chevrolet some time back. Ice scraper got wedged under the seat and whenever the power seat was moved it stretched the connection for the heated seat. Heat up and then quit until it got cold again then it would heat for a bit .....

Do the simple stuff first. Look under the seat and see if there is something wedged under there.

Do you have an aftermarket stereo? An installation faux pas could be tripping you up.

I recommend purchasing the Factory Service Manuals for your 2010 if you're going to be doing your own work, but in the mean time there are sites on the web that can offer you guidance. I can't vouch for any of them but they can help get your mind going in the right direction.

Ex: http://www.geeksoncars.com/how_7930966_check-heated-seats.html <---- This site really is no help at all other than ideas.

Last edited:

InfiniteImp

Toronto, ON
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2015 Infiniti Q50 AWD Sport Hybrid
I'm bringing this post back to life because I'm seeing the same issue exactly except on the driver's side. @oldteach, did you find a solution? I had this issue in the early days of my 2010 LaCrosse. Took it into the dealer and they noted that the heated seat connector was dirty. They cleaned it and it started working. I can only see two connectors near the back of the driver's seat and both appear to be ok. I disconnected and re-connected them a few times, no luck. Passenger seat is fine. Does anyone have ideas on this or had it happen to them?

OlatheLacrosse

Buick Ownership
2010 Lacrosse CXL
I’m having the same issue and need a solution as well!

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
As it hasn't been updated for a few years I'll assume it's a element #2, module #29 or connector problem. Those seem to be the most common, other than checking the connectors I don't know of any other test then taking it to the dealer. This as far as my knowledge on this goes, but you may want to source other forum areas for info.

1003304G14-028.png

InfiniteImp

Toronto, ON
Buick Ownership
Thanks for the diagram. What you said makes sense. If anyone has had this issue and it was repaired at a dealer, can you please post the mechanic's comments regarding the repair?

OlatheLacrosse

Buick Ownership
2010 Lacrosse CXL
**Edited to add I just got back from a 10 minute drive and the seat stayed toasty! Hopefully this is a permanent fix.

I just got back inside and I have a fix. Pull the fuse in the fuse panel under the hood for the heated seats. Pull it out and leave it out for at least 5 minutes then replace it. I did this and the seat started to heat up. I will test further but this seems to at least a temporary fix. Found on some site called Just answer after googling 2010 Buick LaCrosse heated seat repair. Link to where I found the answer. I have a 2010 buick lacrosse awd 3.0 and the passenger heat…

Last edited:

InfiniteImp

Toronto, ON
Buick Ownership
I appreciate the recommendation but no go for me. I pulled the #33 fuse, waited 7 minutes, replaced it, started and same issue. I did notice that after the 1 minute mark there is a quiet click in the area of the in-car fuse panel and the heated seat button switches off. A relay maybe? I checked the in-car fuse panel and I found two "Fuses" marked "25". Not sure what they are as they are long and thick, 2 prongs at the end. One for the driver seat, the other for the passenger. I swapped them hoping it would help but nothing. Sigh.

OlatheLacrosse

Buick Ownership
2010 Lacrosse CXL
Bummer. I’ll tell you, if you’re able to get it fixed, it’s like getting an early Christmas present!

I appreciate the recommendation but no go for me. I pulled the #33 fuse, waited 7 minutes, replaced it, started and same issue. I did notice that after the 1 minute mark there is a quiet click in the area of the in-car fuse panel and the heated seat button switches off. A relay maybe? I checked the in-car fuse panel and I found two "Fuses" marked "25". Not sure what they are as they are long and thick, 2 prongs at the end. One for the driver seat, the other for the passenger. I swapped them hoping it would help but nothing. Sigh.

bvmoon

Buick Ownership
2012 Enclave
Ok, I am having the same issue with my 2012 Enclave. Passenger seat heater turns off after 1min, 15 sec. I was hoping pulling the fuse would fix mine. However, I have no fuse in the engine compartment for the heaters. I have a Fuse labeled HTD/COOL SEAT that is under the dash on the passenger side. The really strange part is, when I remove that fuse, the controls still work and the seats heat up. Well at least the drivers side does and the passenger will if I keep turning it back on. I have verified it with a temp gun.

Does anyone have an idea where the fuse is that will kill power to the circuit?

I have tried pulling the other 30 amp fuses with no luck as well.

I do not feel like it is an element issue. On Hi, it shuts off at 1 min 15 sec. I even tested it by manually turning it off at 1 min 5 sec and immediately turning it back on. It stayed on another 1 min 15 sec. This would indicate it is not heat related.

2019-01-06 11.25.49.jpg2019-01-06 11.26.33.jpg

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
14 Lacrosse Premium AWD 15 Enclave Premium
It just may be the element. I had to have them replaced in an Equinox that did the same thing. There is a split in the element. Once it heats up it shrinks and separates. It didn't even do it all the time. It did need to be replaced. I never let these modern car go out of warranty so it was replaced under that warranty.

InfiniteImp

Toronto, ON
Buick Ownership
I gave up on mine. Went and bought a heated seat pad for $20 on sale and am using that. I can't find the problem myself and you can bet it'll be pretty expensive to have the dealer fix it.

InfiniteImp

Toronto, ON
Buick Ownership
I gave up on mine. Went and bought a heated seat pad for $20 on sale and am using that. I can't find the problem myself and you can bet it'll be pretty expensive to have the dealer fix it.

G-377409

Hello, my Buick lacrosse 2010 has an error saying to service rear axle. The dealer said that its the parking Brake module. Other shops are saying they don't know how it would be connected. any suggestions?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.