• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

PAU door locks, windows, mirrors not working

Failuer

Buick Ownership
2000 PAU
Hi all!

I’ve got a 2000 Park Avenue Ultra. As mentioned in the title I’m having some issues with my locks and windows.

Symptoms:
  • No controls (windows or door locks) anywhere in the car work
  • Door chime does not work
  • Radio does not turn off when the door is open but does turn off after 10 min or so
  • Door locks operate normally with a key
  • Trunk opens with in car switch and remote

So far I have
  • Removed the DDM and reseated all connections
  • Verified 12v at red wire on 4 pin connector and orange and yellow? wires on the 20 pin (pin 11 and 12 I think)
  • Verified rear fuse and under hood fuses are in tact
I’m running into a bit of a dead end and was wondering if anyone had any tips or anything else to look for.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

Last edited:

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Florida
Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
Hi all!

I’ve got a 2000 Park Avenue Ultra. As mentioned in the title I’m having some issues with my locks and windows.

Symptoms:
  • No controls (windows or door locks) anywhere in the car work
  • Door chime does not work
  • Radio does not turn off when the door is open but does turn off after 10 min or so
  • Door locks operate normally with a key
  • Trunk opens with in car switch and remote

So far I have
  • Removed the DDM and reseated all connections
  • Verified 12v at red wire on 4 pin connector and orange and yellow? wires on the 20 pin (pin 11 and 12 I think)
  • Verified rear fuse and under hood fuses are in tact
I’m running into a bit of a dead end and was wondering if anyone had any tips or anything else to look for.

Thanks for the help!
You did not mention checking and cleaning all ground connections associated with the non working items. This may require a wiring diagram or a FSM for your vehicle. You have done some good work so far but I would now turn to the grounds. All electrical systems on your vehicle require power and ground.

Drakito

Southern Utah
Buick Ownership
2003 Park Avenue Ultra
The driver door latch wears out. It has the door pin built into it. If the latch is not reading correctly the BCM thinks either the door is always closed, or always open. Even if the door has different states of open and closed.
Quick check on this is to open the passenger front door and see if the radio turns immediately off after the key is cycled.
Secondary issue is the drivers door boot can have wires broken from age and wear, cutting all signals to the main controller.
If you have any aftermarket radios or accessories powered from behind the radio installed sometimes the installer accidentally grounds to a data line and kills the data systems until the ground is removed.

Pedal Commander