PCB relay engine bay fuse box, anyone knows about these?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Had a intermittent drivers side low beam light, went out one time next start up and following weeks zero issues. Yesterday intermittent, DRL on then went completely DOA and assumed it was the LED as fuse was good, looked and did a continuity test which passed before replacement.

New LED DOA and 2nd new DOA, I buy in pairs, so check lamp socket zero on the meter. Go to the engine bay fuse box check the connection both with and without the fuse zero on drivers side, the passenger side is reading fine and light is operating.

At this point it's looking like the PCB relay by looking at all the wiring diagrams, haven't yank the box apart that's on tomorrow's list, but the PCB relay is listed as a none serviceable item which means if I can't see any possible broken, damaged or corroded solder I'm SOL. Replacement fuse box may be the only option and have already looked into it new and used.

Any other suggestions or ideas are welcomed for repair or additional testing on the PCB relay, thanks.

Ropchips

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucerne CXS
Before my son got his Lucerne, he had a Jetta that had some intermittent issues with the radio power.
He let me know when the radio wouldn't turn on at all. He said all fuses were good. So I head over with my DMM and he was correct, all fuses were good.
I pulled the radio fuse and the legs were crusty white like it had gotten wet. Pulled out the ol' Kershaw and scraped the legs clean...problem solved.

I know you've already went beyond what I described but just thought I'd chime in with something that could possibly help others that may go with continuity test only and should actually delve a lil deeper.

Last edited:

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
No problem always good to add additional information. The issue when it comes to a PCB especially if it's from another vendor source of GM and trying to find a component board part its like looking for a needle in a haystack of needles lol.

Ropchips

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucerne CXS
Should a cold solder joint not be the problem, I'd imagine you'd be able to R&R the PCB relay with a JY replacement, if a new cannot be located or cross referenced at all, without pulling out all of your hair.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
I've had enough fun with Lucas electrical parts in the past AKA The Prince of Darkness, so it is going to be a quick kill if not noticeable right away.

Ropchips

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucerne CXS
I guess I can condone taking the path of least resistance. 😉

Here's to hoping it's just a cold solder joint.🍺

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
Follow up on PCB and to report the manual is accurate as there is no user service parts, at least this user. Well made board with no access, no diagram and possibly no part# more fun than I want to have. Here's some photos of the Engine Bay Fuse box 07 3.8L Lucerne just if someone wants to know before ripping into it. Used box on it's way!

20200925_104749.jpg

Bottom
20200925_104758.jpg

The Abyss
20200925_104823.jpg

Ropchips

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucerne CXS
Prime candidate for exploratory surgery. Why not Dremel off the top of the bad relay just for a looksie? Maybe some contacts can be filed clean.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
It would be like seeing a piston sticking through the hood, not worth opening the hood to see where the problem is LOL

Ropchips

Buick Ownership
2006 Lucerne CXS
Those darn interference engines!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!