• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

PCV VALVE Location 1992 BUICK LESABRE

avtechwx3

Buick Ownership
1992 buick lesabre and 2000 buick park avenue
I can't find the damn thing. On my Park Avenue, its under the MAP sensor, but on this I can't locate it. Does anyone know exactly where it is on the series one engine? Basic question but what a pain in the ass.

avtechwx3

Buick Ownership
I don't see anything, I'll check again. Does it look like they used to look with a hose or is it buried under something?

John Canon

Buick Ownership
1997 Lesabre Limited Gran Touring Suspension
Here is a page from the book.
PCV series I.jpg

avtechwx3

Buick Ownership
you're always good John ansering questions. You accurately diagnosed the collapsed brake hose issue a few months ago as well. So this diagram is for the series one engine?

John Canon

Buick Ownership
1997 Lesabre Limited Gran Touring Suspension
you're always good John ansering questions. You accurately diagnosed the collapsed brake hose issue a few months ago as well. So this diagram is for the series one engine?
Thanks! The page is from my old 1993 Service Manual. That book (actually 2 volume set) was my 19 year Buick apprenticeship. I bought the manuals the first year from "Factory Service Manuals" online for $120. For my 1997 I bought a set from "Faxon Auto Literature." There are different conditions ... look at the thumbnail pictures.

avtechwx3

Buick Ownership
Thanks guys, this is great stuff. I'm used to looking for PCV vavles on the valve covers as in my 1980s Camaro. Even on my Park Avenue, its easy to do, but you have to know that its under the MAP. She has the Lesabre today, so I'll do this tomorrow and let you know.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged) , 1977 Buick Electra Limited (350 SBB)
they sell a kit for that if you need a new plastic piece, o rings, spring for the pcv valve/map you can get them all in one should be at auto store.

avtechwx3

Buick Ownership
I took a look and realized there are 3 bolts on the PCV valve cover but found it easily. I must say though that its easy to overlook. I'm still used to them being on valve cover gasket with the hose. My 2000 Park Avenue has it under the MAP sensor which took me no time at all to do. This one for the Lesabre has 2 bolts and a nut to get the cover off. They look like maybe 10 mm?

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged) , 1977 Buick Electra Limited (350 SBB)
I took a look and realized there are 3 bolts on the PCV valve cover but found it easily. I must say though that its easy to overlook. I'm still used to them being on valve cover gasket with the hose. My 2000 Park Avenue has it under the MAP sensor which took me no time at all to do. This one for the Lesabre has 2 bolts and a nut to get the cover off. They look like maybe 10 mm?
Is it in the same location as the later one you said you did before, because earlier pre L36 engines but post LN3 I could see that.

you dont want to know what it was like on the LN3... ;(

So hard ;(

avtechwx3

Buick Ownership
Thanks for the help folks, got it done, easy as heck once I found the cover. 30 years those cover bolts haven't been touched so I sprayed them down good and let them sit. Original pcv wasn't rattling at all. Running smoother already.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!