• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Pcv valve location

Hyper Lhu

Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Turbo
Has anyone out there with a Verano Turbo ever changed the pcv valve? Where is it located and how hard was it to get to?

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
I didn't think our engines have PCV valves. I know the 1.4L Ecotecs do but the 2.2L and 2.4L Ecotecs don't. My manual doesn't mention a change interval for one and I couldn't find anything on the web related to our engine, mostly 2.0 LNF links popped up.

Hyper Lhu

Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Turbo
I didn't think our engines have PCV valves. I know the 1.4L Ecotecs do but the 2.2L and 2.4L Ecotecs don't. My manual doesn't mention a change interval for one and I couldn't find anything on the web related to our engine, mostly 2.0 LNF links popped up.
Ok,thanks

Josy

Buick Ownership
2013 Verano
Ok, so then what releases the crank case pressure, and what would make oil back up into the intake manafold. I have oil all over the place. Thank you

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BVerano

Buick Ownership
'13 Verano
Ok, so then what releases the crank case pressure, and what would make oil back up into the intake manafold. I have oil all over the place. Thank you
The PCV is built into the valve cover.. You need to change the whole cover and any gaskets/seals (rear main, probably) that have been exposed due to the clogged PCV.

Josy

Buick Ownership
2013 Verano
Thank you, But I also found something that said it was built into the Intake manifold. Instead of a PCV valve there is a small ventalation port/hole that get easily clogged. I saw something about technitions unclogging it with a drill bit. I just did the same procedure on the Verano Im working on, it was clogged solid to the point where I thought there was no hole to begin with. I redrilled it out and made it a bit bigger in with hope to prevent clogging again. Have not finished puuting it back together. Will update wben done.

BVerano

Buick Ownership
'13 Verano
Thank you, But I also found something that said it was built into the Intake manifold. Instead of a PCV valve there is a small ventalation port/hole that get easily clogged. I saw something about technitions unclogging it with a drill bit. I just did the same procedure on the Verano Im working on, it was clogged solid to the point where I thought there was no hole to begin with. I redrilled it out and made it a bit bigger in with hope to prevent clogging again. Have not finished puuting it back together. Will update wben done.
Yes, I've seen the TSB that states to do that.. I was told directly by my local Buick dealership that it's located in/is the valve cover and have also read it online. I have the issue with oil being consumed due to the faulty PCV.. The PCV hose is in clear view (from the valve cover to the air outlet duct).. I removed the air outlet duct and seen oil dripping from the PCV hose.. Instead of paying $650 to replace the valve cover, I'm going to pour some seafoam into the PCV hose port and let it sit for awhile + in the crankcase to try to clean it out.. I'll report back on how that goes..

Also get the FC219 Oil Filler Cap to avoid the rear main going out if it clogs up again.. It's vented and yes it does fit perfectly to the 2.4 ecotec (I recently got it for my car)

Josy

Buick Ownership
2013 Verano
Hmm, the valve cover. Do you know where.
I read something that its built into the intake manifold. It's really just a ridiculasly small hole that becomes clogged and you have to take the intake off to unclog it with a drill bit. I just did that procedure but have not reinstalled it yet as I am rebuilding the head. Will keep you all posted of the results once I get it back together.