Pcv valve location

Hyper Lhu

Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Turbo
Has anyone out there with a Verano Turbo ever changed the pcv valve? Where is it located and how hard was it to get to?

Skylarkin'

Sustaining Member
Sustaining Member
St. Louis, Missouri
Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Verano Turbo
I didn't think our engines have PCV valves. I know the 1.4L Ecotecs do but the 2.2L and 2.4L Ecotecs don't. My manual doesn't mention a change interval for one and I couldn't find anything on the web related to our engine, mostly 2.0 LNF links popped up.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Hyper Lhu

Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Turbo
I didn't think our engines have PCV valves. I know the 1.4L Ecotecs do but the 2.2L and 2.4L Ecotecs don't. My manual doesn't mention a change interval for one and I couldn't find anything on the web related to our engine, mostly 2.0 LNF links popped up.
Ok,thanks

Josy

Buick Ownership
2013 Verano
Ok, so then what releases the crank case pressure, and what would make oil back up into the intake manafold. I have oil all over the place. Thank you

BVerano

Buick Ownership
'13 Verano
Ok, so then what releases the crank case pressure, and what would make oil back up into the intake manafold. I have oil all over the place. Thank you
The PCV is built into the valve cover.. You need to change the whole cover and any gaskets/seals (rear main, probably) that have been exposed due to the clogged PCV.

Josy

Buick Ownership
2013 Verano
Thank you, But I also found something that said it was built into the Intake manifold. Instead of a PCV valve there is a small ventalation port/hole that get easily clogged. I saw something about technitions unclogging it with a drill bit. I just did the same procedure on the Verano Im working on, it was clogged solid to the point where I thought there was no hole to begin with. I redrilled it out and made it a bit bigger in with hope to prevent clogging again. Have not finished puuting it back together. Will update wben done.

BVerano

Buick Ownership
'13 Verano
Thank you, But I also found something that said it was built into the Intake manifold. Instead of a PCV valve there is a small ventalation port/hole that get easily clogged. I saw something about technitions unclogging it with a drill bit. I just did the same procedure on the Verano Im working on, it was clogged solid to the point where I thought there was no hole to begin with. I redrilled it out and made it a bit bigger in with hope to prevent clogging again. Have not finished puuting it back together. Will update wben done.
Yes, I've seen the TSB that states to do that.. I was told directly by my local Buick dealership that it's located in/is the valve cover and have also read it online. I have the issue with oil being consumed due to the faulty PCV.. The PCV hose is in clear view (from the valve cover to the air outlet duct).. I removed the air outlet duct and seen oil dripping from the PCV hose.. Instead of paying $650 to replace the valve cover, I'm going to pour some seafoam into the PCV hose port and let it sit for awhile + in the crankcase to try to clean it out.. I'll report back on how that goes..

Also get the FC219 Oil Filler Cap to avoid the rear main going out if it clogs up again.. It's vented and yes it does fit perfectly to the 2.4 ecotec (I recently got it for my car)

Josy

Buick Ownership
2013 Verano
Hmm, the valve cover. Do you know where.
I read something that its built into the intake manifold. It's really just a ridiculasly small hole that becomes clogged and you have to take the intake off to unclog it with a drill bit. I just did that procedure but have not reinstalled it yet as I am rebuilding the head. Will keep you all posted of the results once I get it back together.

InfoUpdate

Buick Ownership
2013 Verano
Hmm, the valve cover. Do you know where.
I read something that its built into the intake manifold. It's really just a ridiculasly small hole that becomes clogged and you have to take the intake off to unclog it with a drill bit. I just did that procedure but have not reinstalled it yet as I am rebuilding the head. Will keep you all posted of the results once I get it back together.

Did you finish yet? Did you find where it's located? It's at the bottom on the intake manifold.

I need to do this because the PCV hose at the Engine Air Intake Hose Outlet Duct (cover over the intake manifold) has flippin oil around it and a bit of sludge in it. (The other end of the hose goes into the cam area) If you look at new GM parts dot com part number 13372201, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Clearly that tiny PCV hole is clogged on mine (2013 Verano almost 100k miles) or a bit of oil and a tiny bit of sludge would not be coming out that PCV hose towards the intake. For those who don't know, you can see the photo of the PCV system hole we're talking about on Service Bulletin 14882.

Also - anyone able to tell me if you have anything connecting the PCV hose at the Engine Air Intake Hose Outlet Duct? My hose (got this car used) just butts up against the rubber nub on the EAIHOD (intake cover). Never seen anything like it, because stuff can get in and on mine at this moment, stuff is coming out. lol (not really funny). But then again, I'm happy that the air can go somewhere for the moment before it literally blows a gasket and other expensive stuff.

Saw a video on youtube where a guy had a 2015 and was cleaning the throttle. When he took off his Engine Air Intake Hose Outlet Duct, a metal looking square tubey type thing with a rubber nub on the end pulled out of the PCV hose. That looks more like how it should be and there is a space in the hose where that nub on the end of his tube/hose what ever it is - there is a protrusion in the pcv hose where that nub end would sit.

I'm thoroughly confused why I don't have one. But looking at the parts diagram - there is no such part for my car and there isn't one on the Engine Air Intake Hose Outlet Duct either. Called a few dealerships, called GM - nobody knows anything about it.

Anyway, I'm just a girl who loves this car and I would like to clean out that PCV hole and make it larger, but some of the things you have to detach from the intake manifold scares me. I changed a valve cover gasket on my old Mitsubishi Lancer, but that's the hardest thing I've ever done mechanically under the hood and that was insanely easy! lol Anybody think I could pull this job off?

Dealership advisors in my area play dumb (3 Buick & 1 Chevy). Local mechanic shops played dumb. I really can't find anyone I have confidence in to do the job, so I guess it's on me?

The only things I've done on this Verano was the MAF sensor, the coolant temp sensor & the VVT intake & exhaust solenoids. All things a 10 year old could do if they were tall enough. I don't know if I should even attempt this or not. Thoughts?