• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Pearl white owners

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Regal TourX
Should anybody be in search of touch up paint, you’ll likely notice that we don’t actually have the paint color that it says we do. While the name matches that of other pearl white GM vehicles, the color is not the same. Not surprising since it’s really an Opel.

Anywho, our color is actually called Abalone White Pearl. I ordered some from Europe. Here is a pic, should anyone need the info to get some.

I haven’t used it yet, so I can’t any questions yet about it’s use.

Attachments

ECM56

Falls Church, Virginia
2018.5 (White needle) TourX Essence DC1 DC2 S&S Pano
I ordered touch up paint from PaintScratch.com. They have a pretty strong guarantee that they will match the paint. I just got it and their instructions ask you to paint a sample on a card and compare it to the car before actually trying it out. I did that and it looks like a really good match. I ordered the pen style applicators - it comes with three pens - base coat, mid coat, and clear coat. Also comes with a bottle of thinner and some polishing compound. I ordered the Abalone White Tricoat 486B as that is the color code on the SPI sticker. Their site shows several color codes for Abalone White Tricoat. I'll let you all know results after I give it a try. I have a couple of small stone chips on the front that I want to touch up.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Regal TourX
Update. I tried out the paint I ordered a few weeks ago and its a match, as expected. It dries a lot faster than the American touch up paint, so make sure you work fast. I waited too long, thinking it would be like other ones I've done and had to take it off, to start over.

Should you order from the Vauxhall superstore like I did, it's pretty cheap. Shipping took about 10 days.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
2019 Regal GS
@carsrmilife, If I remember correctly, you mentioned using a paint leveling solvent called Blob Eliminator with past touch-ups. Since the Vauxhall paint dries faster, how'd the leveler work with it?

Also, is the pearl mixed in the base paint color or is it in the clear coat?

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Regal TourX
@carsrmilife, If I remember correctly, you mentioned using a paint leveling solvent called Blob Eliminator with past touch-ups. Since the Vauxhall paint dries faster, how'd the leveler work with it?

Also, is the pearl mixed in the base paint color or is it in the clear coat?
Yes, I couldn't find my bottle of that, but had something that is pretty much the same stuff with a different name, from a prior touchup kit I had. It works the same, you just can't wait as long for the paint to set up, or it can't smooth down the paint without removing it. The pearl was in the base.

jjbosco

Detroit Metro
2018.5 TourX Essence +all
Update. I tried out the paint I ordered a few weeks ago and its a match, as expected. It dries a lot faster than the American touch up paint, so make sure you work fast. I waited too long, thinking it would be like other ones I've done and had to take it off, to start over.

Should you order from the Vauxhall superstore like I did, it's pretty cheap. Shipping took about 10 days.
I'm thinking this is my color also, "White Frost Tricolor"; since searching the net for my color code 486B that is on the SPI sticker = Abalone White Pearl... Could you check if you SPI sticker is also CC/HC U "486B" bottom line, ...Thanks

LeeH

2019 Buick Tour X Essence
I went to Vauxhall Superstore. There are two : abalone white 42A and Pearl White 11U

Which is the match to the pearl white tricoat on the tour x?

D2R

Michigan
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I hate to bump an old thread, but found an equivalent touch-up paint on eBay from the US.

Will try and see if it is a match when the weather permits.

Wagon Man

Wagon, soon
My future wagon has that color, never seen it: Car is out of State, is this a metallic white with a yellow tint?
Or just a bright white?

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
2019 Regal GS
My future wagon has that color, never seen it: Car is out of State, is this a metallic white with a yellow tint?
Or just a bright white?
It's a very bright white, no yellow tint whatsoever. Here's a link to a post of the color under lots of florescent lighting: Paint Protection Film & Ceramic Coat Installed

So you can kind of get an idea of what the pearl density looks like, this is a close up of the hood reflecting the sun on a somewhat overcast day:
IMG_20190301_153452__01.jpg

D2R

Michigan
2019 Regal TourX Essence
It is very cloudy where I am at right now, and since Jack GS provided the outdoor pictures, I am providing the indoor close up pictures.
Both taken inside my garage with 100W daylight LED turned on.
First one is on the roof between the moonroof and the roof rails on top of the driver's door.
Second one is also on the roof, but behind moonroof.
DSC_4303.JPG DSC_4304.JPG

Get your turbo buick badge right here!