• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Pedal controller question

Map18TTourX

Buick Ownership
2018 Tourx
Hi guys,
Just a simple question,

For a Pedal Controller, What is the right car to order for the Tourx?

Some controls say to order for the Regal but on the FB pages people say you have to Order for the 2018+ Camaro.

Can someone confirm? if you know or heard about this.

JoeBlog

Buick Owner
Wichita
Buick Ownership
1967 Wildcat Convertible, 2019 Regal TourX Essence
There’s one for all Buick vehicles available now. Just look at the top of the ad column on the right side of this page and click on the link.

Map18TTourX

Buick Ownership
2018 Tourx
There’s one for all Buick vehicles available now. Just look at the top of the ad column on the right side of this page and click on the link.

yeah for the Pedal Commander. I am going for a different brand. InJen or the Vitesse They are Sub $200

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
Vitesse has a lookup on their site. If they don't have the model car listed on the website, contact them. They likely have something compatible already intended for another vehicle.

The pedal commander looks like a better product, but I understand wanting to save (more than) a few bucks.

Map18TTourX

Buick Ownership
2018 Tourx
Vitesse has a lookup on their site. If they don't have the model car listed on the website, contact them. They likely have something compatible already intended for another vehicle.

The pedal commander looks like a better product, but I understand wanting to save (more than) a few bucks.

Vitisse has 2018+ regals already listed. But someone in our FB posted about Pedal Commander making him order the kit for the regal and it was wrong. It turned out our Gas pedal is the same as the camaros

hunterwh

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
Vitisse has 2018+ regals already listed. But someone in our FB posted about Pedal Commander making him order the kit for the regal and it was wrong. It turned out our Gas pedal is the same as the camaros

I am looking at thePedal Commander. Should I be buying the one for the camaro? That specific PC lists Opel as compatible too.

Attachments

• 57DEA319-FEF0-467B-84CD-4605A14AD6BD.png
    57DEA319-FEF0-467B-84CD-4605A14AD6BD.png
    370.3 KB · Views: 23

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
You could not pay me enough to use this crap. I like a linear, even a somewhat lazy throttle, if the motor has some beans to start with.

hunterwh

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
You could not pay me enough to use this crap. I like a linear, even a somewhat lazy throttle, if the motor has some beans to start with.

Alrighty, then.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Why exactly do you need a pedal comander? Right foot needs help?
How much are you paying to probably get worse mileage, and no performance gain?

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I would better understand if device got rid of the notchy feeling in throttle.
Safari and I have adapted to each other, so changing now would be a bad thing IMO.

kylejohnston1

Buick Ownership
none currently
I am looking at thePedal Commander. Should I be buying the one for the camaro? That specific PC lists Opel as compatible too.

Yes, when buying a throttle controller from Pedal Commander or any of the other suppliers, you should enter 2018 Camaro 2.0L when looking up the part number. This will give the correct part. Most of the providers list the wrong part when you enter Buick Regal.

The correct Pedal Commander part is PC49.

I have the Jet xcelerator (part #40106 for our cars) and I really like it!

40106 Xcelerator – Jet Performance Products

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
I'm the commander of my pedal, not some box that talks to my ECU.

I should start marketing an ASS defeat as: ASS Commander: Puts your ASS back in your control.

kylejohnston1

Buick Ownership
none currently
I'm the commander of my pedal, not some box that talks to my ECU.

Have you actually tried one? If not, I wouldn't knock it until you try it.

One of the reasons older cars can be so much fun to drive is that the pedal is connected to the throttle body with an actual cable, meaning you can instantly feel pedal inputs.

Most modern cars, ours included, have an electronic pedal which is not physically connected to the throttle body. Unfortunately, most manufacturers (ours included) program a delay into these devices which means the throttle is slower to respond to pedal inputs. These devices allow you to reduce or completely remove that delay, making the car much more fun to drive. You feel more connected to the pedal.

I've driven my car with and without it, and for me, the car is much more fun and feels much sportier with the Jet xcelerator. If you enjoy driving, I highly recommend trying a pedal controller by one of the various manufacturers.

This seems to be a touchy subject so others may chime in with additional negative comments (who likely have not actually tried one) and I don't intend on replying to any of those. Hopefully this post will encourage some of the open minded folks out there who have been considering one to give it a shot.

Thanks,

Kyle

Last edited:

hunterwh

Buick Ownership
Regal Tourx
No
Have you actually tried one? If not, I wouldn't knock it until you try it.

One of the reasons older cars can be so much fun to drive is that the pedal is connected to the throttle body with an actual cable, meaning you can instantly feel pedal inputs.

Most modern cars, our included, have an electronic pedal which is not physically connected to the throttle body. Unfortunately, most manufactures (ours included) program a delay into these devices which means the throttle is slower to respond to pedal inputs. These devices allow you to reduce or completely remove that delay, making the car much more fun to drive. You feel more connected to the pedal.

I've driven my car with and without it, and for me, the car is much more fun and feels much sportier with the Jet xcelerator. If you enjoy driving, I highly recommend trying a pedal controller by one of the various manufacturers.

This seems to be a touchy subject so others may chime in with additional negative comments (who likely have not actually tried one) and I don't intend on replying to any of those. Hopefully this post will encourage some of the open minded folks out there who have been considering one to give it a shot.

Thanks,

Kyle

Nice Kyle!

I am floored by some of the negative responses on this and also disabling the automatic start/stop. These are pretty minor things that only enhance the car and make it more fun. I think lack of understanding these upgrades causes some of the negativity.

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
Hopefully this post will encourage some of the open minded folks out there who have been considering one to give it a shot.

Thanks for writing up the explanation - I'd never heard of these until this thread, but it makes a lot of sense. My two most recent cars with throttle-by-wire weren't exactly nimble, nor powerful, so I didn't much care about throttle response. But in the 2900 miles I've driven the TourX, I'm still frustrated at the lag and nonlinearity that results in delays occasionally followed by unintended high-revving tire-chirping launches.

I had assumed it was 8AT shift algorithms, or just not having had a GM car in a while, but I'm realizing that's not entirely it.

kopek

Wisconsin
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Reviving this thread ...
I am looking to install a throttle controller ('18 TourX), and I came across these three products:

From my research they all do the same job with various levels of adjustment, but the Pedal Commander seems to be more popular. My question is if it's worth paying considerably more for the PC compared with the other two? Besides Bluetooth connectivity what else does it offer to justify the price difference?
Anyone has experience with the two other brands?

Thank you.

Rickisrad

Buick Ownership
2017 Buick Regal Sport Touring
I too am reviving this thread. I am looking at these throttle adjusters and am very interested since they don’t mess with the factory warranty. I have a 2017 Buick Regal Sport Touring 2.0t. Have any of you tried the different brands available and if so which one did you like better? There is a big price difference between the models so I was wondering differences. Researching them it seems like the Pedal commander is the best one. More expensive but has the easy adjustment controls with the Bluetooth and phone apps.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!