• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Pedestrian Protection System

toga94m

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
In the simulation at the end of this video, the hood has blown before anything touches it. Gotta be dependent on the front impact sensors..

Green62belair

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour X
I brake for animals, but since those actuators cost $244 each, and I am not sure what triggers them, obviously I don't want several thousand $$$$ in collision repair for an errant kitty. My wife hit a wild turkey and it costs us about $760.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
If the hood actuators are triggered by a small animal, there's nothing you can do about it so why are you concerned about this matter? Braking or swerving to avoid the animal is the only option you have to avoid this from happening.

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
If you hit something, anything, it's always gonna involve some cost, so avoid it altogether whenever possible.
If it absolutely cannot be avoided, then whatever cost associated with it cannot be avoided, therefore there's no benefit to figure out exactly how much..

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
I'm sure all the animals, on their own forums, are asking the same question "Which car to Kamikaze that will cost the owner the most amount to repair" LMAO

If you think this may be a expensive fix, the next generation will cost more as they are planning a fully deployed airbag for the entire width of the front window and will also pop up the hood.