Performance parts for 2012 GS?

DonRican

Buick Ownership
2012 GS
Auto is made on Japan. There is a stamp on the trans that says so.

Engine - German
Transmission - Japan
Build - Canada
American manufaturer

Talk about "World Car"

I hate the stereotype That one country does something better than another. Toyota's are reliable so all cars made in Japan must be reliable? Datson/Nissan wasn't more reliable than most yet if you ask the average American they assume they are. A 2009 Buick Lacrosse and a Jaguar tied for most reliable car that year but I say that to people and they look at me like I'm crazy. Every manufacturer is different and every car in them are different.

FatherDeth

7.0L LS7 Member
Burlington, New Jersey, United States
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal GS
Maybe you'll be ok though. I bought my 09 WRX for invoice at 23,500. Drove it 2 years and 36k later and traded it in for 20,500. And at 2.9% I was WAY ahead.
I find it unlikely although not impossible that they will
Offer AWD on the GS. I usually keep cars until I pay them off. And if by chance they do offer AWD, I won't be able to afford the price anyway, so I better get used to having just FWD.....LOL!!

GTXgp

Las Colinas (DFW), TX
Buick Ownership
'12 Regal GS
I find it unlikely although not impossible that they will
Offer AWD on the GS. I usually keep cars until I pay them off. And if by chance they do offer AWD, I won't be able to afford the price anyway, so I better get used to having just FWD.....LOL!!
Ah... 2 years is a LONG time for me to own a car. I did a 3-year lease and would only keep it to the end if the value falls through the floor.

zinner

Buick Ownership
Buick
Manual Transmission is Aisin-Warner F40, which I believe is a Japanese company, started by a joint venture with Toyota and Kawasaki --

http://www.aisin.com/profile/history/index.html

The Aisin Warner F40 is built in Germany though :)
The manual transmissions is a FGP (Fiat GM Partnership) F40-6 MR6 Gearset GY6 Final Drive. It has nothing to do with Aisin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FGP_Germany_F40_transmission

I believe there is an AF40 AISIN Tranmission but it's not in the Regal Manual.

Ct'sBuickGuy

CT | 860
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
Most cars are not an investment and don't hold value to well. I think the GS may be a long term investment if you don't drive much (read the article below) but I doubt it will hold the the WRX someone mentioned. But then again it all depends who your trading it in to, what they are selling you the car your trading it for and all those other factors that dictate the deal you get when you buy a car.

http://www.autobytel.com/buick/regal/2012/news/buick-regal-gs-most-collectible-car-of-2012-109434/

This is why the 2 year lease makes so much sense too. GM gave these cars decent residuals, in two years you will either be able to buy the car for a steal or give it back if it is worth less than GM figured. With the bumper up residuals I doubt you will be able to steal one but at least you have the chance and option.

Ct'sBuickGuy

CT | 860
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
but if he bought and the buicks hold no value then that sucks.

EDIT: ouch they hold no value. NADA has trade in at 26,400 for my car with 3k put in. if i bought the invoice was like 34k. thats insane for only 2 months ago.
Synolimit: I just checked NADA on mine. Manual and a sunroof and I am looking at 27,700 trade value with 2500 miles. I paid a little under $30,000 for mine (I leased leaving me the possible option to buy)

I lost just inder $2k in 2 months, but its not going to drop as drastically from now forward as it just did (or shouldn't).

That is using the current months book for NADA. When i just checked online it was $27,750. What do you have for options?

synolimit

Akron OH
Buick Ownership
2012 GS
Synolimit: I just checked NADA on mine. Manual and a sunroof and I am looking at 27,700 trade value with 2500 miles. I paid a little under $30,000 for mine (I leased leaving me the possible option to buy)

I lost just inder $2k in 2 months, but its not going to drop as drastically from now forward as it just did (or shouldn't).

That is using the current months book for NADA. When i just checked online it was $27,750. What do you have for options?
under 30k is impossible unless you got a regal. and whats the 27,7k? high, middle, or low? you'll be hard pressed to find a dealer to go above low trade because of the increased value the govt put on used cars (you may see a higher trade value but you're getting ripped on the new car then). ive been paying dead invoice and low trade-in for the last 4 years and 4 cars so they are good deals and it doesnt get any better then that.

my cars now at 24,800 with 7k and only 4 months old. 10k in 4 months is a disgrace!!! id kill myself if i bought this car.

to compare my 2011 WRX is now 12 months old from when i bought it and ive only lost $2750 in depreciation!!! buick sucks

Last edited:

RTBOY

Buick Newbie
Holley NY
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
Where in UPNY are you? Im East of Rochester. We should get together sometime and chat. i can take you for a spin in a tuned regal :)
I didnt post it right the first time. Im for just west of Rochester outside of Brockport.

Emartin

Buick Ownership
Regal gs
So I'm new to both this GREAT website as well as a VERY HAPPY 2012 Regal GS owner! My question is, and I'm sure it's been asked before, is besides this "tune" I've seen for the computer in my car, are their any other performance parts available for the GS? Anything on the horizon/future anybody knows about?

Thanks everybody! :) Sorry if I resurrected a thread that's already been brought up :cool:
Exhaust and intake easy upgrades and affordable
So I'm new to both this GREAT website as well as a VERY HAPPY 2012 Regal GS owner! My question is, and I'm sure it's been asked before, is besides this "tune" I've seen for the computer in my car, are their any other performance parts available for the GS? Anything on the horizon/future anybody knows about?

Thanks everybody! :) Sorry if I resurrected a thread that's already been brought up :cool:
exhaust and intake easy upgrades and affordable

jldog7

Buick Newbie
Western PA
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
Still have mine. 2012 GS only 33000 miles on it (pretty much a garage queen). Just bought a BNR tune last week. Buick sent me an email that it was my 6 year anniversary last week so I figured it was time to bump up the horsepower.