• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

"Phantom Lumbar support inflation " ?

JBRock

Medina, OH
Buick Ownership
2020 black Regal GS
I have a 2020 GS with the great sport seats - and I love it. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a strange little quirk ? It seems like the lumbar support gradually builds up pressure - I have to deflate it a bit every week or so to get it back to where I like it. It just gradually builds back up little by little, until I notice it's too much again.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
My 18 FWD doesn't have the fancy sporty buckets. Still has the lumbar adjustable pillow, and never moves on it's own. Totally deflated feels perfect for me.

Amct15

Buick Ownership
2020 Regal GS
I have a 2020 GS with the great sport seats - and I love it. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a strange little quirk ? It seems like the lumbar support gradually builds up pressure - I have to deflate it a bit every week or so to get it back to where I like it. It just gradually builds back up little by little, until I notice it's too much again.

Ahh so it’s not just me! Happens to my 2020 GS also except it occurs on the passenger seat only. Sometimes it inflates rock hard. Can’t figure out the circumstances in which it occurs. I just check it every so often and manually deflate it. :confused:

dmr02

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
18 Regal GS

They seem to have a mind of their own. My bolsters tighten up periodically... so strange!

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Just the car having a boner on you

jokes aside I don't think those lumbars have feedback control so it's possible that they change position each time they try to adjust to your position in memory.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
After the massage function times out, the lumbar doesn't always go back to the memory setting. I just push and hold the memory button until it goes back.

I've never had the lumbar come out on its own though.

1500cc

Ontario
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
The GF loves the massage feature, I hate it. When we switch seats, even after I turn off the massage the lumbar seems to want to push out and I'm constantly using the little disc control to put it back in, at least for the first 5 minutes or so of a drive. I only notice this on the passenger seat (or maybe she doesn't turn on the massage when she's driving).

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I have only experienced phantom deflation on other vehicles. Never experienced any lumbar inflation or deflation on my wagon.

WinnerGS

Buick Ownership
2018 GS
I’m experiencing the phantom lumbar on the drivers seat of my ‘18 GS. Has anyone had any updates on causes/remedies?

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
People have gained an average of 18 lbs. during the 2 week shutdown to lower the curve the last 53 weeks. Are you all sure you just haven't gained weight and a too fat to fit in the seat with your old skinner settings?

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I have actually maintained my weight since the work from home ordeal last year. So, the phantom deflation is definitely not due to me.

WinnerGS

Buick Ownership
2018 GS
I’ve had the car for a month... so definitely not attributed to the “quarantine 15”... or 50 in some cases 😁

Get your turbo buick badge right here!